TM 30 and TM 47 (90 day report) did you know this one?

Resident in Chiang Mai ( And I believe some other provinces) and going to another province where your hotel etc reports your stay you are obliged to inform your landlord to file a new TM30 on your behalf when you return to Chiang Mai to avoid problems when submitting future 90 day reports.

Now here is a twist. Submitted 90 day reports online (Wife and I) only to get both applications rejected due to:

"The last declaration of accommodation (TM30) is not Chiang Mai." 

I was at a loss, had not been anywhere since my last 90 day report in early February. Only solution was a trip to immigration which I rarely do, took both passports. Expecting some sort of hassle went to the info desk and explained the situation.

The young officer took the passports and a couple of minutes later came back with a senior lady officer who clearly explained what had happened.

My wife had gone down to Bangkok in March for two days and her hotel had reported accordingly. So her 90 day application was rejected because the TM30 had not been updated, fair enough, but mine had also been rejected!

It turns out that as my wife's extension of stay is as a dependent and the effect of the hotel reporting her stay effectively also reported my absence despite not even having travelled! I repeated what the officer had said and she confirmed again this is what had happened.

How is that for a weird one?

Landlord has submitted new TM30, we will do 90 days later.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

We are seeing this more and more since the new 90-day reporting program rolled out because the TM47 database and the TM30 database are combined and when you file an online 90-day report it crossed checks against your last registered address in the TM30 system.

No matter what your immigration office policy is about filing a new TM30, it is apparent from the many online 90 day report denials that if you travel inside Thailand and stay at a place where they register you in the TM 30 online system, when you return to your primary residence you will need to refile or update your tm30 information.

If you don't, your next 90-day report online has a high chance of being rejected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a new (not so new) Regulation, which was published in the Thai Government Gazette on 16 June 2020 and it has been effective from 30 June 2020 onwards.

https://www.pkfthailand.asia/update-on-relief-for-tm30-filing-requirements/

Maybe Chiang Mai Immigration has their own rules and doesn´t follow it.

Edited by 10000Baht
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 10000Baht said:

There is a new Regulation, which was published in the Thai Government Gazette on 16 June 2020 and it has been effective from 30 June 2020 onwards.

https://www.pkfthailand.asia/update-on-relief-for-tm30-filing-requirements/

Maybe Chiang Mai Immigration has their own rules and doesn´t follow it.

Thanks for posting the link. I checked on Tuesday at Phayao who come under Chiang Mai and there policy is the same as the link you posted.

On 4/25/2023 at 12:37 AM, Tod Daniels said:

No matter what your immigration office policy is about filing a new TM30, it is apparent from the many online 90 day report denials that if you travel inside Thailand and stay at a place where they register you in the TM 30 online system, when you return to your primary residence you will need to refile or update your tm30 information.

If you don't, your next 90-day report online has a high chance of being rejected.

For this reason and despite any official rules, to avoid any issues with immigration (any office), always do an updated TM30 at your home address before interaction. Quite simple really but so many fail to do this easy step. It is NOT difficult to file a TM30.