Booking a Taxi from Suvarnabhumbi to Udon Thani City

Chivas

One of my lads is coming to Thailand later in the year and because of flight times and connections etc etc has sought my advice on the possibility of arranging a taxi  instead

As there are two them it may well work out cheaper anyway than 2 additional flight tickets and bags etc

Now if it was arranging a taxi down to Pattaya I have couple of old contacts but unfortunately not going north

Anyone have a contact who could quote for the trip please ??  Not looking for cheap per se but certainly reliable....someone with his name on a board at Swampy and job done

Thanks

Edited by Chivas
  • Thumbs Up 1

What time are they landing? 

I would always advise on an overnight stay 5 minutes away in Lat Krabang area and get the flight the next day. Loads of nice and cheap hotels.

I don't think I would want a long international flight then an 8 hour taxi journey!

RAZZ

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Flights from Suvarnabhumi to UdonThani cost somewhere between 1.500 and 2.500 THB.

But that price will be upped considerably when you need to pay for luggage over-weight. 

Oneway with Thai Smile advance booking is about 1500 incl 20 kg of baggage (final price).

September flights 1150 Baht.

Varies much on season.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

How about a taxi to the Nakhonchai Air bus terminal, then a bus to Udon. (other bus companies/terminals available)

https://www.busonlineticket.co.th/booking/bangkok-to-udon-thani-bus-tickets

Edit: Some bus, train, and flight options on this website.

https://12go.asia/en/travel/bangkok/udon-thani?date=2023-05-10&people=2&direction=forward

Edited by chickenslegs

38 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

If not flying, overnight, and hire a car the next day, drive yourself.

His kid is coming in and you think its a good idea to rent a car and drive from BKK to Udon? Please think again, 

25 minutes ago, marin said:

His kid is coming in and you think its a good idea to rent a car and drive from BKK to Udon? Please think again, 

If has DL and drives in home country, yea.  I didn't say on a scooter without a helmet and ignore the laws.

I always preferred using the train when visiting/working in Udorn (Udon).  Night berth 2nd class was always very comfortable.  But from post perhaps you are concerned about connections (you did not mention age) so this might not be an option.

I am working abroad and live near Khon Kaen so my flights are always Departure Airport, BKK Airport and Khon Kaen (which is 1 hr flight) 

No way I would sit in a Taxi for minimum 6.5 hrs (add 1.5 hrs to Udon).. 

Stepover is mostly 3 hrs, enough for a munch in a restaurant a beer or two and here you go. 

• Like 1

To the OP, I have stayed in all of these and you can probably get a room for about 1200 a night:

This one has a nice rooftop bar - right next to 72 Race & Bar and about 10 other places, Warehouse 8 etc. Good Thai nightlife.

https://suvarnabhumisuite.com/

Both of the below are within a few minute walk to Robinsons and Paseo Mall in Lat Krabang.

Not as good as it used to be but ok:

https://www.thecottagebangkokairport.com/

Older, but big rooms.

https://www.arantaairporthotel.com/

Edited by RAZZELL

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Seven to eight hours in a taxi costing ~5000 Baht+ ?
Really?

Assuming they arrive late in the afternoon/evening?

(night ride in a taxi after long haul flight? :omfg:)

Last flight from Suv is 17:55h.

Spend that money for a good hotel overnight and a relaxed daytime flight.

Chap I dont need a lecture

I was asked to post the exact requirements of which I've happily done

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

How about a taxi to the Nakhonchai Air bus terminal, then a bus to Udon. (other bus companies/terminals available)

https://www.busonlineticket.co.th/booking/bangkok-to-udon-thani-bus-tickets

Edit: Some bus, train, and flight options on this website.

https://12go.asia/en/travel/bangkok/udon-thani?date=2023-05-10&people=2&direction=forward

Good suggestion.

NakhonChai Air is a VIP bus service, with service akin to flying Business Class.

Worth checking out, and definitely a better option when taking that night VIP bus than a taxi ride during the night...

getting into a taxi for an 8 1/2 hr drive just after stepping off and international flight which was god knows how many hour is ludicrous  .....  a hotel sleep nearby then on the plane the next morning fresh and raring to go would be the most sensible way to go. 

18 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Forget it.

The idea is ludicrous. 

Go and troll elsewhere fella seriously

I missed out entirely the reasons why which would have filled an A4 sheet because they were not relevant to the request for information

I asked a simple question and appreciate a few of the replies that actually answered but not the know all idiocy displayed by more than a few

Out....

(Mods feel free to close the thread we've sorted the taxi out at an excellent price)

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

getting into a taxi for an 8 1/2 hr drive just after stepping off and international flight which was god knows how many hour is ludicrous  .....  a hotel sleep nearby then on the plane the next morning fresh and raring to go would be the most sensible way to go. 

I refer you to my previous post fella....When did Thaivisa/Asean Now become soooo bitter with deadbeats with nothing better to do but troll others

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I refer you to my previous post fella....When did Thaivisa/Asean Now become soooo bitter with deadbeats with nothing better to do but troll others

but your a hotspur guy so that's a good start.  we haven't done so well the last few games.

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

sorted the taxi

Crazy!!

Hotel, R+R, then flight in the morning!!!!

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

an excellent price

The driver is desperate because of not having customers come back, or desperate to buy the speed pills they use?

3 hours ago, Chivas said:
22 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Forget it.

The idea is ludicrous. 

Go and troll elsewhere fella seriously

I missed out entirely the reasons why which would have filled an A4 sheet because they were not relevant to the request for information

I asked a simple question and appreciate a few of the replies that actually answered but not the know all idiocy displayed by more than a few

Out....

(Mods feel free to close the thread we've sorted the taxi out at an excellent price)

I’m not sure why you are getting so bent out of shape when receiving common-sense answers and then throwing out the accusation of trolling. 

You asked a simple question on an open forum, you received simple and fair responses - no one trolled you, you have received very sound advice. 

From a safety perspective I do hope your taxi driver is responsible - This is not something I’d suggest to any family or friends when flights are available the following morning (if arriving late at night).

... And with 100% certainty I’d always advise never to drive (or be a passenger) on interprovincial roads at night.... never ever !

You may have your reasons which you didn’t list - but I’m not sure they don’t supersede the risk of long distance interprovincial night driving in Thailand.....

This response isn’t just for you, its for anyone else who may also be considering such options. 

Thats the thing about ‘open forums’, responses can be useful for others too. 

Best of luck to the travellers, I hope they reach their destination safely, if not a little exhausted. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1