Lazada Phone Shopping

Seeall

Has anyone else dealt with the Lazada circus selling mobile cheap phones?  Yes yes.. you get what yo pay for says the old AU barheads, however, if you look at the ads, on the same products they say  : S21, S22, S23, Android 10, 11, 12 and screensize 6.5/7.5 and different resolutions all in the same ad .. lol.. and worse.. when you ask them about this they talk about something else or say you can return it...  I never seen such a circus.. if I not had better things to do I would order all, and send them back all year just to piss them off..... well, I am always online so.. perhaps I will....

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Erm.. you mean you identified some scams and want to post about it ?... 

more like brainless  advertising...

can't check if it states contradictory information , thats the circus!!!

3 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Well...  you’ve gone this far... you may as well explain yourself a little better.

What do you mean ‘can’t check if it states contradictory information’ ???

If you question the validity of the listing I’m wondering why you wouldn’t just ignore it and move on ?

Actually, I’m wondering why you’d be looking for a phone on Lazada in the first place unless its extremely difficult to get out and source one from a shop yourself and you don't have friends / family who can do that for you. 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If you question the validity of the listing I’m wondering why you wouldn’t just ignore it and move on ?

Exactly.
i have seen many comments on AN that imply people think lazada is a company like homepro
many fail to realise it is a marketplace (like ebay), and sales and dispatch are done by indivual sellers.
i do wish lazada had a block/ignore feature though

Edited by patman30

7 minutes ago, patman30 said:

i do wish lazada had a block/ignore feature though

The scammers on these sites have so much time to add multiple sites it would be difficult to block so many of them. 

Either the owners of these market places don’t care, or it's too much work to continually kick them off the site without proof.

I think one of the ways round is to only search products with good feed-back (i.e. >90% positive), however, it wouldn’t take long before the larger vendors use ‘click-farms’ to provide positive feedback and smear valid competitors. 

Unfortunately this is the facet of humankind operating in a faceless environment where scruples are utterly absent and the bottom line is all that matters. 

Dissapointingly it is up to us to filter the chaff...  we simply do this by ‘moving on’ as soon as we see something that doesn’t quite add up....  (or like the Op, we make a post about it !! ????)

OP ....  I tend to agree totally ....   the sellers place the advertisements online and they say Android 12 ...  or screen is 6.5" or latest model or whatever BS they like to put,   then when you ask a question before buying such as can you please confirm this android phone is Android 12,  they will message back with a copy / past of the description as posted by there marketing staff ... even though they know full well it's incorrect,  or they just say ' please return the item if it is faulty or thank you for buying our product or some other stupid comment nothing to do with the question ..

The cheaper mobiles are absolute garbage and should be avoided at all costs ... they break down after a few months or the battery dies or you can't download anything ...   be warned!   just sayin'

Edited by steven100

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Lazada in the first place unless its extremely difficult to get out and source one from a shop yourself and you don't have friends / family who can do that for you. 

if you go to a shop to buy a mobile chances are the sales staff speak zero english,  so you can't ask anything about the phone ... hence ,  that why some people hate dealing with shop kids ....  me included.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, steven100 said:

if you go to a shop to buy a mobile chances are the sales staff speak zero english,  so you can't ask anything about the phone ... hence ,  that why some people hate dealing with shop kids ....  me included.

What are those chances, 100/1 or 1/100?

In the cities I have never been in a mall with "electronic" shops where a member of staff does not speak sufficient English to meet our needs.

You must be talking about "one person" shops out in the sticks.!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

I have never been in a mall with "electronic" shops where a member of staff does not speak sufficient English to meet out needs.

You must be talking about "one person" shops out in the sticks.!

yes .... the smaller shops. 

30 minutes ago, steven100 said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Lazada in the first place unless its extremely difficult to get out and source one from a shop yourself and you don't have friends / family who can do that for you. 

Life seems so difficult here for some people !!!...  always tripping over-themselves with the impossibility of just getting with such simple things. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:
5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes .... the smaller shops. 

Then go to the bigger ones.

Problem solved!

OR do a little research and have an idea of what you are looking at in the first place so that when you do go to a shop all your are doing is simply running a ‘double-check’....

OR just buy a 10,000 baht product on Lazada and take your chances !!!... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

I usually know just about everything there is to know about any product I'm about to buy, and then buy it from the manufacturer's store, or authorized reseller, LAZ (flagship) site.

No different here than when I lived back in USA.  Actually easier here since all you need to know is on the internet.

• Like 1