How much is a vote worth in tomorrows general election?

The wife's brother was told along with his fellow soldiers they would be paid 1,000 Baht each for a vote for Prayut.     

The catch is that they'd be taken so a special voting location and vote in a block.

This comes from the same military leadership that keeps whatever pay the soldier makes while on leave.

Looks like a few policies could stand changing in the Thai military.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

I see people traveling home to vote and spending much more than 1000 just to vote 

Getting paid might bring out more voters, it does not change who they vote for. (All vote for a different set of faces than what they had last years)

• Sad 1

Mrs got 1k and lots of her mates from the dinosaur party, voted last week as helping tomorrow, for cash of course. Thats just the latest they got Ik a few weeks ago, 300 for turning up to a rally last Friday and they were all taken out for a weekend trip 2 months ago. 

20 minutes ago, WilliamSmits said:

I see people traveling home to vote and spending much more than 1000 just to vote 

My gf explained to me that they have to vote. If they don't vote, and then later they have some official business, then it seems that gets more complicated or might even be denied if they didn't vote - independent who they voted for.

I think there is also a law that politicians can't be elected if they didn't vote in the last election.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, grain said:

My missus got 500bt yesterday.

Yes, Mrs.T said they are doing the cash rounds today.....????

Thai corruption at its finest.....And everybody knows about it.............:whistling:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Thai corruption at its finest.....And everybody knows about it.............:whistling:

Yes, but if someone from MFP gets cought they might calll it "vote buying" with consequences like dissolving, disqualifying or else. This only is applicable to MFP of course - I just guess.

Is bribing against the law as well as recieving a brib? Trouble is most Thais I meet don't seem to care about any sort of politics.. so I can see why they except a brib to vote.. money talks ..

24 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't be "confused", who ever you are, facts are facts......????

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My gf explained to me that they have to vote. If they don't vote, and then later they have some official business, then it seems that gets more complicated or might even be denied if they didn't vote - independent who they voted for.

I think there is also a law that politicians can't be elected if they didn't vote in the last election.

True. My gf is a senior government official. For her to not vote, would be detrimental to her career. At the very least it would result in relocation to an undesirable province.

• Like 2