When did CM air clear up this year?

stargazer9999

I just got back to  CM on Saturday from a long air pollution escape journey down south.  The air is clear now and I'm curious how long it's been that way?  A couple of weeks?  It will help me plan on when to return next year from the same dreaded trek.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Clear air at 90 AQI ????

Only the highest standard for Thailand expats.

That's like basically daily in Bangkok. Irony is you never hear anyone complain much there.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

We are in the same situation here in Pang Mapha as You in CNX. We booked a ticket from CNX for breathing healthy sea air in Hua Hin.

Here some ideas:

1.  watch the weather/pollution forecast in the Internet. Depending on the smoke in CNX, book your direct flight CNX to Hua Hin (i.e. by Air Asia with no stop in BKK). Not very expensiv, below 2.000 Baht.

2. Book your return flight again by Air Asisa from Hua Hin to CNX when the smoke stops. Check the internet or get the good weather news from friends or family in CNX. This year Air Asia had only 3 flights a week.

This year I booked the ticket already in February, leaving CNX on 24.03.2023. We have been lucky, Just 1 day later on 25.03. the air got polluted here in Pang Mapha.

I booked the return flight (from HH to CNX) for  April 24, when we got the positive information  about he pollution here in our valley. On the arrival day and in the night before there was some rain, a pollutin killer.

Your problem. This year the pullution in CNX started earlier and endet later than here in Pang Mapha.

BTW, I can give you a good advice where to stay in a bungalow for 15.000 THB for a month (including all). In the South of HH, ~800m to the beach just in the South of the Takiaep Mountain. Very quiet, no pollution .

Edited by puck2

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

overheard from bar on loy kroh as i strolled past on my way to church ????

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

bargirls = honesty

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

money = honey  ????

Never on topic but amusing for kids. 

On 5/15/2023 at 4:08 PM, puck2 said:

We are in the same situation here in Pang Mapha as You in CNX. We booked a ticket from CNX for breathing healthy sea air in Hua Hin.

Here some ideas:

1.  watch the weather/pollution forecast in the Internet. Depending on the smoke in CNX, book your direct flight CNX to Hua Hin (i.e. by Air Asia with no stop in BKK). Not very expensiv, below 2.000 Baht.

2. Book your return flight again by Air Asisa from Hua Hin to CNX when the smoke stops. Check the internet or get the good weather news from friends or family in CNX. This year Air Asia had only 3 flights a week.

This year I booked the ticket already in February, leaving CNX on 24.03.2023. We have been lucky, Just 1 day later on 25.03. the air got polluted here in Pang Mapha.

I booked the return flight (from HH to CNX) for  April 24, when we got the positive information  about he pollution here in our valley. On the arrival day and in the night before there was some rain, a pollutin killer.

Your problem. This year the pullution in CNX started earlier and endet later than here in Pang Mapha.

BTW, I can give you a good advice where to stay in a bungalow for 15.000 THB for a month (including all). In the South of HH, ~800m to the beach just in the South of the Takiaep Mountain. Very quiet, no pollution .

Pang Mapha/Soppong .

Are you anywhere near the Jungle Guest house at the end of town ?

On 5/15/2023 at 2:10 PM, BritManToo said:

When the storms started last week. Same as every year.

Storms = clean air. 

Initiated by the government I believe by spouting a lot of hot air that met with cool air a few hundred feet up resulting in rain.

My feeling is that it’s been worse this year. I put a post up about January mentioning it was bad then.

I put up with it because of the benefit of living in CM. But I’m feeling is that the word  is getting around among the general tourist…and that can’t be good for business.

i have been here 19yrs and its getting worse/with no control and still burning/ new smoke comes in day after day  it seems no-one police the rules / a month ago went to ko chang to get away from the smoke/but hurt leg and had to come back/in the middle of thai  the smoke was so thick you could hardly see/and believe me they were still burning the rice fields ///

20 minutes ago, opalred said:

i have been here 19yrs and its getting worse/with no control and still burning/ new smoke comes in day after day  it seems no-one police the rules / a month ago went to ko chang to get away from the smoke/but hurt leg and had to come back/in the middle of thai  the smoke was so thick you could hardly see/and believe me they were still burning the rice fields ///

Do you think that things might improve with the potential/likely change in government?  They had pollution somewhere on their list of objectives, but far down, like at number 22 of 25 and if they meant air pollution with pollution is unclear