Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Moving the Crossbar

carlyai

So that I can more easily mount my bike I'm thinking of moving the crossbar down to those 3 stripes on the seat post.

I'm waiting on my Bafung motor kit which will make the bike a bit heavier and my new knee and back fusions don't like swinging my leg that high.20230525_120135.thumb.jpg.20bb941b8c2617e2a99a2ffa94bbbcbd.jpg

I feel you ...

... I have to lean my Schwinn Streamliner way to the side to mount.  Due to hip and back mobility or lock of.

Also converted it to ebike.

ebike conv.jpg

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I feel you ...

... I have to lean my Schwinn Streamliner way to the side to mount.  Due to hip and back mobility or lock of.

Also converted it to ebike.

ebike conv.jpg

Yes I do lean it too, but if I could drop the height of that bar it would be easier.

3 hours ago, Foek said:

Why is it difficult to mount your bike? You cannot easily tilt it to the left or right and then get on it?   You don't need to cut the frame , you just need some working brains.

Thanks Richard Cranium.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Tilting your bike is a struggle when you have two cases of beer lashed to the rack, and it is a struggle to clear the beer cases as you lift your leg over.

Putting one case in each pannier balances the load, but because they have to be clear behind your heels, the panniers move the centre of gravity to far back and the bike becomes uncontrollably rear-heavy when you tilt it.  This can be alleviated by putting a couple of six-packs in the front basket.

Good man. :) Best solution yet.