Trouble with Trash Pick Up??

davidstipek

Is anyone experiencing issues with Garbage/Trash pick up? 

For 15 years, every morning Garbage Truck rolled up and Trash was collected. No for the last 2-3 months we go 2 or 3 Days with Trash Bags stacking up on the Curb. Some one... or Something... is spreading trash all over the sidewalk and street. I have caught Dogs running amuck and tried to chase them off, doesn't work. I use a large bage that will have all the house trash in separate bags. House trash,,, Pet waste..., Etc. I have gotten to where I have triple tied the main bag (3 Knots). I say "Whoever is doing this is untying the main bag... Not Tearing it the others are either untie or torn. 

This is spreading Raw Dog and Cat Manure up and down the street to spread disease and people to walk in. What can be done? Can I sit outside with pellet Rifle (Scoped) and inflict pain (not kill). No one does anything about the return of what they call "The Soi Dogs"... But that's not the case People are letting their Dogs run at Night Under the Cover of Darkness. I know where 2 live and have thought about if they want to play in it... Take and Dump in their Driveway!

If the Trash Officials are doing this then they need to supply HD Trash Cans with lids!! Get the Police or Dog Wordans to patrol our streeets at Night!

Here, in tambohn San Pi Seua, garbage pick up is every Thursday.  They arrive at my place between 6:30 and 6:40 without fail.  In years past, dogs would get into plastic garbage bags and spread the contents all over the road.  They particularly liked sn!t-filled baby diapers.

Having had enough of regularly cleaning up the mess, I had a local welder make a wire fencing cage in which all the neighbors deposit their bagged trash.  It works like a charm.  After the garbage has been picked up, I check to make sure that all bits and scraps are picked up.  From week to week the area looks well tended.  It's a bit of overkill on my part, but it's worth the effort.

Now, having said all that, I had encountered a scrap-picker who would come around just minutes before the garbage truck.  He would open bags and strew the contents hither and yon.  That happened only once, or maybe twice.  Anyway, the following week I monitored his doings, and asked him to pick up after himself.  He doesn't come around anymore.

• Love It 1

In Pattaya we have pick up service every night and they have been great. So much better than the last company. I guess it depends on where you live, but I’d check with the local municipal and see what they are supposed to be doing there. 
Luckily the soi dogs don’t raid the bins, but that’s only because some “good “ locals feed the lot every day. Now we have more than 10 and they harass anyone who passes by and bark all hours of the day. Wish they would stop, or feed them across the road in the empty field. 

• Love It 1

Wish I had Trash collection, we pay land tax, the only bins were 200meteres away but the dogs kept pulling them over, now we have NO bins as they've been removed that fixed the bin men's problem but not ours. TIT.  

• Haha 1

Garbage  truck  just arrived.  Once a week collection. (Dark side) Garbage always  stinks. Didn't  have collection  for a couple of weeks  because  neighbour  parked awkwardly as battery flat. Now parked properly  but hit our truck twice doing it.  Garbage truck  driver  negotiates his large vehicle without  problem. We just can't  win!  

Edited by chilly07
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, davidstipek said:

I have gotten to where I have triple tied the main bag (3 Knots). I say "Whoever is doing this is untying the main bag.

That’s the problem. Tying one two or three times is not enough. I tried it for several years with no luck.

It is absolutely imperative that you tie four or five times to achieve success.

• Haha 1

There are Thai people opening the bags to see what is in it, of course they dont close again. They take out anything something worth while.

Paper, metal, plastic bottles , what ever could generate some money or so

Ive seen them just in plain daylight.

But then also you have the dogs which also investigate, but then it is torn. 

Pick up was irregular, sometimes everyday and then sometimes not(1 day) Overall they picked up quite good. But in "the country", no pickup at all. Burn it.

Edited by xtrnuno41
additional txt
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

There are Thai people opening the bags to see what is in it, of course they dont close again. They take out anything something worth while.

Paper, metal, plastic bottles , what ever could generate some money or so

Ive seen them just in plain daylight.

Same here in Hat Yai, daily collection, the bin men usually come down our soi between 2 and 3am, but by that time several scavengers will have been through the bags looking for stuff to sell. Some are fairly tidy, but we've one old guy who just rips the bags open, throwing stuff everywhere, looking for old clothes, metal, plastic, paper or whatever takes his fancy. The bin men are good at collecting it all up, but it makes their job harder.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Where are you?

Are you saying that now they pick up the trash every 2 or 3 days?

In the past they picked it up every day?

Other people's bags getting opened or just yours?

Chiangmai, Nonghoi... Everyones!

11 hours ago, MrBrad said:

Here, in tambohn San Pi Seua, garbage pick up is every Thursday.  They arrive at my place between 6:30 and 6:40 without fail.  In years past, dogs would get into plastic garbage bags and spread the contents all over the road.  They particularly liked sn!t-filled baby diapers.

Having had enough of regularly cleaning up the mess, I had a local welder make a wire fencing cage in which all the neighbors deposit their bagged trash.  It works like a charm.  After the garbage has been picked up, I check to make sure that all bits and scraps are picked up.  From week to week the area looks well tended.  It's a bit of overkill on my part, but it's worth the effort.

Now, having said all that, I had encountered a scrap-picker who would come around just minutes before the garbage truck.  He would open bags and strew the contents hither and yon.  That happened only once, or maybe twice.  Anyway, the following week I monitored his doings, and asked him to pick up after himself.  He doesn't come around anymore.

I tried that I now have option to connect a motion detector with an Air Horn or a Strobe Light... or pellet rifle (Note: I never saw a Dog who could untie bags!!) Maybe a Camera record 10 minutes of action each time!!