Thai Marijuana tycoons ponder mixed messaging from the Move Forward-led coalition on the drug

webfact

3 minutes ago, h90 said:

No they are not....if for medical use only and you need to see a doctor first who take a 2000 Baht and than buy the marijuana from a medical place the legal business will shrink 99%. Back to buy from the mafia-dealer....Reversing the only good thing that Anutin ever did.

I reserve the right to disagree... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

What total nonsense. The tycoons of Thailand are the CP conglomerate and their peers. The naive entrepreneurs that entered the industry before the legal dust settles will get crushed once the legal environment is clear and the real tycoons get involved. 

Just look at California. Legalization didn't turn out well for small scale entrepreneurs at all ????

Well you can grow yourself and share with the neighbor if it is legal.....I don't know how it is in Thailand but in Europe the weed grows very easy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Suffice to say that Thailand has completely lost the plot when it comes to the marijuana issue, not knowing which way to turn to please everybody, nd if this is the mark of things to come by  the new government than Thailand is in big troubles.

Yeap

This is the way it will all unfold.

U-turns, flip flops, finger pointing, blame game culture on steroids.

The next few years will be a hoot, to watch.

and pretty sure none of it will effect us much.

( if you have the funds to stay that is )

TIT.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, chrischronic said:

"control the widespread use of the drug in public and again outlaw its recreational use."   

I'm concerned about the idea of outlawing recreational use of the drug, especially if I had a shop. How would the business survive without recreational use? Would possessing and smoking it become punishable by law? Personally, I have a doctor's certificate obtained from Sawasdee Clinic when only THC oil was available, so I'm not worried for myself. However, if they outlaw recreational use, the shops will likely fade out.

How about a B.S. solution?

Have a medical student working at the shops.

Hello Doc, my back hurts.

Here's your get out of jail free card for 1000 baht, 900 goes to the government.

Now buy any strain you like.

Happy trails.

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The tycoons are safe, the growers are safe, all registered businesses are safe

the unlicensed street sellers are not..

which is how it should be.

How should it be for people who sell booze illegally?  

Oh….you don’t care….because they will happily break the law with a smile for you.

What about the inhalant issue and the dangers of children/teens sniffing glue?  

I see that doesn’t bother you either.

Yup…..priorities.

DBB734EA-7E22-4944-B357-B65B8677EB79.jpeg

CD747E43-0AB1-4C19-86F8-A5F211E1412E.jpeg

67668A5B-E5B3-4198-A250-371197967402.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Airalee said:

How should it be for people who sell booze illegally?  

Oh….you don’t care….because they will happily break the law with a smile for you.

What about the inhalant issue and the dangers of children/teens sniffing glue?  

I see that doesn’t bother you either.

Yup…..priorities.

Actually I do care, these are similar issues which all need addressing, not adding to; which was the point of my post.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

A doctors letter shouldn't be hard to obtain for personal use.

We all need a doctors 'fit to drive' cert when we want a driving licence or renewal,

"Name ?" - "you feel ok ?" - blood pressure test > "40 baht please" - Medical cert provided.

Hello Dr, a fit to smoke cert please......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1