Jealous Thai bus driver fatally shoots girlfriend in restaurant before attempting suicide

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo from Facebook

A heated argument at a Laab restaurant in Chon Buri Province ended with deadly consequences, as a Thai bus driver fatally shot his 36 year old girlfriend, an employee at the establishment, before attempting to take his own life. However, the 42 year old attacker survived, receiving serious injuries and is currently in a coma.

At around noon yesterday, Ratchapol Seneewong Na Ayutthaya, the deputy investigator of Bang Lamung Police Station, was notified of the tragic incident. Upon inspection at the Laab restaurant in Bang Lamung district, the lifeless body of the 36 year old female employee was discovered, with a gunshot wound to her left cheek. The suspect, 42 year old Bualar, a bus driver by profession, was found lying seriously injured with a gunshot wound to his right temple, outside the restaurant parking lot. A .38 calibre handgun was found nearby.

Officials quickly transported the injured man to Viparam Hospital for urgent medical attention. Upon further investigation, it was revealed that Bualar and the victim had been having a heated argument over jealousy and the 3,000 baht (US$87) owed by the woman. The man allegedly drew his gun and fired multiple shots at the deceased, before running to the back of the restaurant and shooting himself.

Surveillance provided by medical professionals closely monitored Bualar, while the police investigation continued, and legal procedures were followed. The victim’s body was transported to a hospital in Pattaya for autopsy. 

by Nattapong Westwood

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/jealous-bus-driver-shoots-girlfriend-in-restaurant-before-fleeing-attempting-suicide

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

outside the restaurant parking lot. A .38 calibre handgun was found nearby.

But he shot himself at the back of the restaurant.

How did the gun get outside?

The man allegedly drew his gun and fired multiple shots at the deceased, before running to the back of the restaurant and shooting himself.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

it was revealed that Bualar and the victim had been having a heated argument over jealousy and the 3,000 baht (US$87) owed by the woman. The man allegedly drew his gun and fired multiple shots at the deceased, before running to the back of the restaurant and shooting himself.

Fragility runs deep in this one.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Why don't these morons do things the other way around, everyone would be much happier, and safer, if they attempted suicide first.

The anger makes them kill, the killing makes them want to hurry on to their next life.

20 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

But he shot himself at the back of the restaurant.

How did the gun get outside?

Sattahip police deemed one case was suicide for days until a less-than-braindead  cop pondered how the victim had shot himself without a gun being found at the scene.  It turned out his brother had shot him over non-payment of a debt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

So how do Vietnamese girls act around Western men?

Good question.

A fundamental factor is that Western people are viewed completely differently in Vietnam than they are in Thailand.  Whilst in Thailand foreigners are viewed as occupying probably the lowest position on the social hierarchy, in Vietnam they are placed towards the top.  In Thailand, if a woman is with a foreigner, she can expect to be stigmatised and treated with hostility (unless he is very wealthy), presumed to be a prostitute, etc., while in Vietnam a woman being with a foreigner has her social status elevated.  (I'm sure you know how important social status is when a woman is selecting a man.)

Also, in terms of culture, Thai people might think something like "Our culture is superior to that of the West and there is nothing they can teach us", whereas a Vietnamese person might think "While we understand the value in our own culture, there is much we can learn from foreigners as they come from somewhere more wealthy and with a better education system".

This is probably down to a number of factors.  Vietnam is obviously poorer than Thailand, so this possibly affects how eligible a foreign man might be.  Vietnam was colonised for a long time, so they could have a lot more awareness of how foreign people can bring benefits to them and be more comfortable around them (even though it sounds like the opposite should be true).  Due to not much of a sex trade in Vietnam, it's possible that Vietnamese people have a very different impression of foreign men, as they are more likely to encounter business people or teachers.  Also foreign teachers are respected and valued in Vietnam and paid a relatively high salary, unlike Thailand.  And the level of English and desire to learn it is a lot higher in Vietnam, which has obvious benefits when considering dating an English speaking foreigner.

Essentially, in Thailand the response upon encountering a foreigner might be "Ew!  A foreigner!  I don't want anything to do with them", but in Vietnam it is more likely to be "Wow!  A foreigner!  Interacting with them will probably be beneficial to me in some way".  (I realise not everyone is like this, but I'm generalising to offer an explanation.)

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Good question.

A fundamental factor is that Western people are viewed completely differently in Vietnam than they are in Thailand.  Whilst in Thailand foreigners are viewed as occupying probably the lowest position on the social hierarchy, in Vietnam they are placed towards the top.  In Thailand, if a woman is with a foreigner, she can expect to be stigmatised and treated with hostility (unless he is very wealthy), presumed to be a prostitute, etc., while in Vietnam a woman being with a foreigner has her social status elevated.  (I'm sure you know how important social status is when a woman is selecting a man.)

Also, in terms of culture, Thai people might think something like "Our culture is superior to that of the West and there is nothing they can teach us", whereas a Vietnamese person might think "While we understand the value in our own culture, there is much we can learn from foreigners as they come from somewhere more wealthy and with a better education system".

This is probably down to a number of factors.  Vietnam is obviously poorer than Thailand, so this possibly affects how eligible a foreign man might be.  Vietnam was colonised for a long time, so they could have a lot more awareness of how foreign people can bring benefits to them and be more comfortable around them (even though it sounds like the opposite should be true).  Due to not much of a sex trade in Vietnam, it's possible that Vietnamese people have a very different impression of foreign men, as they are more likely to encounter business people or teachers.  Also foreign teachers are respected and valued in Vietnam and paid a relatively high salary, unlike Thailand.  And the level of English and desire to learn it is a lot higher in Vietnam, which has obvious benefits when considering dating an English speaking foreigner.

Essentially, in Thailand the response upon encountering a foreigner might be "Ew!  A foreigner!  I don't want anything to do with them", but in Vietnam it is more likely to be "Wow!  A foreigner!  Interacting with them will probably be beneficial to me in some way".  (I realise not everyone is like this, but I'm generalising to offer an explanation.)

@JoseThailand I forgot to add. Some Vietnames women appear to have the attitude that a foreigner will treat them better than a Vietnamese man, who can be prone to drinking, cheating an hitting (some not all). Whereas I think Thai women who are in the same situation believe they should accept it, or possibly that they deserve or like it, and that opting for a foreign man instead would be betraying their nation.

Again, some not all. Just trying to explain the phenomenon.

Edited by BangkokReady

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Good question.

My impression was the opposite. Thai women are more open to dating foreigners, even middle class women. Paradoxically, even though Thailand was never officially colonized, it is more westernized than Vietnam. Vietnam is very nationalistic in this sense, dating foreigners is not a commonplace.

Edited by JoseThailand

5 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

My impression was the opposite. Thai women are more open to dating foreigners, even middle class women.

No.  In terms of attitude, it's the opposite.

Paradoxically, even though Thailand was never officially colonized, it is more westernized than Vietnam.

Well, it is and it isn't.  They like Western material things, technology, etc., but not necessarily Western ideas or people.

Vietnam is very nationalistic in this sense, dating foreigners is not a commonplace.

I can't speak for how commonplace it is, in terms of numbers.  But the women are more interested in Western men than Thai women are.

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I can't speak for how commonplace it is, in terms of numbers.  But the women are more interested in Western men than Thai women are.

Maybe because Western men can provide a better standard of living, not because they think the Western culture is superior. 

Where girls really think Western men are superior is the Philippines. 

2 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Maybe because Western men can provide a better standard of living, not because they think the Western culture is superior. 

Well, IMO, it's the reasons that I laid out above.  And I didn't say that anyone thinks that Western culture is superior.

2 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

I haven't been, but I assume that it's similar to what I have described in Vietnam.  Money, class, treatment, etc..

I actually think that Thailand could be fairly unique amongst developing countries with their view of Western people.

I just do not understand this kind of thing. When a relationship is not working out, a real man tries to make it work, and when he sees that she is not who he thought she was, and things are just not coming together, he walks away, holding his head high. Anyone man with self esteem, who is in possession of his manhood, just wishes the woman well, and walks away.

With a failure like this, one has to ask:

1. Who are his parents, and why did they fail so miserably?

2. Why did he stop maturing at the age of 13, and never become a man?

3. Why does he have no self esteem. What caused him to hate himself so much, that he could not just accept reality, and walk away?

4. Why does this worthless thug have so little respect for others, and for human life?

One has to hope he will be locked up in prison for a very long time, and let us hope some of his fellow inmates teach him the kinds of lessons he should have learned long ago.

17 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

It's amazing that you fail to see the contradiction in your statement.

When wealthy filipinas start choosing wealthy westerners over wealthy Filipino men, is when hell freezes over. 

3 hours ago, chalawaan said:

It's amazing that you fail to see the contradiction in your statement.

When wealthy filipinas start choosing wealthy westerners over wealthy Filipino men, is when hell freezes over. 

There is no contradiction. The difference is that the Vietnamese love their country and culture, despite being poor, while the Filipinos hate their country, even the rich ones.