Pattaya loan sharks turn themselves in to cops after threatening reporter

snoop1130

Loan-Shark-Attack.jpg

There’s been another incident involving loan sharks in Thailand.

In Pattaya, two members of a loan shark gang turned themselves in to the cops after they threatened a freelance reporter earlier this week. The incident began when local Thai reporter, Buronsak Bunnodyom, asked the two men not to litter loan flyers in front of his residence on Soi 9, Central Pattaya, Bang Lamung District. In response, the men, 23 year old Chinnawat Posingarm and 20 year old Natthiwut Sudprasert, verbally assaulted the reporter and attempted to attack him with a large rock.

Following the incident, Chinnawat and Natthiwut surrendered to the police yesterday. Chinnawat admitted to littering loan flyers in front of people’s houses, while Natthiwut confessed to riding a motorbike for Chinnawat. The two were captured on video by the reporter as they threatened and attempted to attack him.

Regarding their motive, the two men said they were annoyed with the reporter for warning them not to distribute flyers, adding that it was a spontaneous decision to pick up a rock and try to attack him. Chinnawat and Natthiwut have since apologised for their excessive actions, The Pattaya News reported.

By Tara Abhasakun

Caption: Photo via The Pattaya News

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/loan-shark-gang-members-surrender-after-threatening-pattaya-reporter

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

I wonder what the punishment will be?

The Aussie guy got ~50k baht fines / fees and a 2 month suspended prison sentence for breaking a wing mirror in Phuket, so is this castration and the death sentence?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, stoner said:

we get these business cards almost daily on our driveway from loan sharks. i draw a big penis on the card and throw it back onto the road. 

I guess I am too pernickety.... I don't like having the litter in front of my gate. Perhaps I should take a business card and have it copied with minor modifications like ' free garden service' (or something more naughty) and do some card distributing myself. 

19 hours ago, stoner said:

we get these business cards almost daily on our driveway from loan sharks. i draw a big penis on the card and throw it back onto the road. 

You devil... do you do it in daylight or wait for darkness?

• Haha 1

They plaster them all over the ATMs too I just rip them off.  The political and new condo/moobaan banners blocking pavements are more of a annoyance though, they even have the name of the person on them in the political ones and yet nothing is done. 

14 hours ago, farang9392 said:

They plaster them all over the ATMs too I just rip them off.  The political and new condo/moobaan banners blocking pavements are more of a annoyance though, they even have the name of the person on them in the political ones and yet nothing is done. 

Those get installed on  the corners at junctions and become a driving hazard. City Hall should rip them all down and charge/fine whoever's mug is on them for doing it for them. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Those get installed on  the corners at junctions and become a driving hazard. City Hall should rip them all down and charge/fine whoever's mug is on them for doing it for them. 

Supposedly there's a sign tax to be paid BEFORE any are erected.  My mooban paid it for years till they discovered what the annual bill was for.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Pouatchee said:
On 6/3/2023 at 6:13 AM, jacko45k said:

I guess I am too pernickety.... I don't like having the litter in front of my gate. Perhaps I should take a business card and have it copied with minor modifications like ' free garden service' (or something more naughty) and do some card distributing myself. 

"Litter removal" printed on cards, then wing a handful over the fence

Edited by cncltd1973