Fiance Visa For Former Bar Girl

Well the main question i have is that my fiance is a former bar girl and i know that if she says that then the visa issue is probably dead in the water. Her old boss owns several "ligitimate" shops and is willing to show that she worked at one of these. Now I also know that if we are caught lying that it is also dead in the water. She has never been arrested, but is it better to take the chance and use the fake job, or will they still allow her if she states she worked there but was not involved. After all it's not illegal to work there. Please no warnings about the dangers of getting involved with a bar girl. I love her and if i have to I'll even move to thailand. I just hope it doesn't come to that. Its a visa to America by the way. any advice is appreciated.

I don't know what the attitude of the American Embassy staff will be towards approving a visa for an ex-bar girl, but I can tell you that I know of several ex-bar girls who obtained their visas through the Australian Embassy.

They were up front when asked what their occupation was. They explained to the Embassy case officers that they came to work in the touristy areas as a means of meeting a falang as they had no hope of meeting an eligible farang in the rice fields.

The main criteria that they needed to prove in their visa application was that the relationship was genuine and continuing. They also explained that now that they had met their man, they were determined to make a go of their marriage/relationship.

The case officer obviously appreciated their honesty as their applications were approved.

I hesitate to chip in, especially on US stuff - but seeing as you have not had any posts from the US folk........I do recall reading that the US of A are a bit more sensitive than the UK (and sounds like also Oz) about BG's admitting they were BG's - because of Prostitution being criminal activity. (but I may be getting this confused a bit with them not liking folk admitting to drug use :o ).

But please don't take my word on this! Just make sure before you confuse anyone with too much honesty :D

Either do a search or wait for wiser heads to post!

Well the main question i have is that my fiance is a former bar girl and i know that if she says that then the visa issue is probably dead in the water. Her old boss owns several "ligitimate" shops and is willing to show that she worked at one of these. Now I also know that if we are caught lying that it is also dead in the water. She has never been arrested, but is it better to take the chance and use the fake job, or will they still allow her if she states she worked there but was not involved. After all it's not illegal to work there. Please no warnings about the dangers of getting involved with a bar girl. I love her and if i have to I'll even move to thailand. I just hope it doesn't come to that. Its a visa to America by the way. any advice is appreciated.

Contact this attorney:

William White

Bangkok, Thailand

140/36 Silom Road

Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

BKK Office (66) 0-2231-6466

Mobile (66) 0-1909-8202

<email address removed as per forum rules>

Edited by Maestro

Contact this attorney...

What in the OP’s post gave you the impression that he, respectively his girl friend, needs the services of an attorney?

--

Maestro

Because an attorney who specializes in US immigration can give him some insight as to how they should deal with the issue at hand, she is a former bar girl, just what the OP stated.

If he lies about it on his petition, she can be banned from entering the US for a long period of time. Deal with it up front with the advice of someone who has dealt with these situations.

Does that answer your question?

Howdy,

My experience with the K-1 visa, is if the police check is clean and the medical exam checks out ok, then you have it. When my wife went for her interview, she said she seen girls dressed like the worked downtown. My advise would be honest but only answer questions, no need in telling her life story. Tell her to dress like she was going to the Wat, with no joking around or acting out. Maybe try not to speak to good of english, and proper Thai. Keep it all business at the Embassy.

My wife worked in a real estate office. As far as I know, I don't think they even called her company to check her out. However, She said she has heard of people getting caught using fake chest xray reports because they have TB and were trying to hide it. That tells me they are wise to tricks.

One thing that help us I think was that I sent a picture postcard three times a week. They are short and sweet to write with pictures. At her interview, the interviewer spent most the time looking at the postcards and reading them. Only asking a few questions about how we met.

Goodluck! Hardest thing to do for the K-1 is the time you spend waiting between steps.

Chung *j*

Edited by Chung noi

• 1 month later...

Sorry i tried to make a new topic,but couldn't.

so here goes.

My girlfriend went to US on a fiance visa,and got married,stayed there for approx.2years,then she went back to Thailand,her American husband send the divorce papers that she signed,and sent back.But she never got any reply from this?? My point of view is that she is married in USA,and her former husband can't get married again before he sort things out,but she as a Thai cictizen is no problem??. any reply would be ok...

If as you say "her old boss owns several "ligitimate" shops and is willing to show that she worked at one of these" then as long as the embassy can not disprove that then it should be ok. As I always say, as long as you can cover your @rse then you can’t get found out. She would need to know what the shop job was and that her boss also sticks to the same story just in case they want to check. Of course they will want to know how & where you met as in my opinion I think they assume that the farang meets his girlfriend in a bar.

The main thing is that if they question her about her job, can she confidently say she worked in a shop and did bla bla bla without stammering or something which could make them disbelieve her. In other words, is she a good actress?

Phil

Here's why bar girls in general may have a problem. The list of persons ineligible for US visas includes:

(D) ... -Any alien who-

(i) is coming to the United States solely, principally, or incidentally to engage in prostitution, or has engaged in prostitution within 10 years of the date of application for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status,

However, the important part is you can get a waiver of the ineligibility. Said to be fairly routine. You may want to ask a lawyer how easy and common it is to get a waiver. But if you lie during the interview and are caught, it's hard to get the waiver. Because willfully misrepresenting a material fact is another class of ineligibility.

If there's no reason to tell a different story, as in not ineligible, then think carefully about doing so. Like previously mentioned, you have to pull it off. The closer to the truth the better it'll be.

Website with all the ineligibilities and the waiver eligibility at the bottom: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...Ineligibilities

(D) ... -Any alien who-

(i) is coming to the United States solely, principally, or incidentally to engage in prostitution, or has engaged in prostitution within 10 years of the date of application for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status,

Is this a moot point? Do they arrest women for prostitution in LOS? They would have to prove a prior conviction wouldn't they before they "assume" she wasn't a cashier, dj, whatever.

(D) ... -Any alien who-

Is this a moot point? Do they arrest women for prostitution in LOS? They would have to prove a prior conviction wouldn't they before they "assume" she wasn't a cashier, dj, whatever.

They don't need to prove anything. It's not a court, the applicant is asking for a visa so the burden of proof is on the applicant. The interview is designed to feret out the info and if they don't get a good feeling, they can just keep asking for more documentation.

(D) ... -Any alien who-

They don't need to prove anything. It's not a court, the applicant is asking for a visa so the burden of proof is on the applicant. The interview is designed to feret out the info and if they don't get a good feeling, they can just keep asking for more documentation.

And if they think there's something fishy or not quite right about the applicant they can refuse the visa and give bull**it reasons for doing so!

5 years ago i went thru the same thing k-3 visa to usa,i had a attorney i had hired who told me working in a bar would not be a problem [ i dident believe him ] so i payed another immigration attorney to ask some questions and he said the same [ no problem ] we had a k-3 visa so we were already married i dont know if that makes a differance-anyway she was never asked that question- good luck Think Along Time about what you are doing my wife and i get along good BUT SHE HATES EVERY MINUTE HERE IN THE USA bye mike

(D) ... -Any alien who-

when most girls get arrested for prostitution its nearly always dealt with by just a fine not a court appearance, as long as they dont fail a drug test and in some cases its a 1000 baht fine

Edited by colino