Mazuma water filter

Wandr

I have a Mazuma house water filter that needs an annual carbon filter change.

Is the only option to use the factory service, or are there independent shops that can do it? 

If there are shops (not like Homepro, they use the factory) which ones? 

There are a lot of different Mazuma filter types.  I have the one below, which takes granulated carbon, and change it myself.  I buy the bags of carbon from DoHome, disconnect the filter from the inlet and outlet pipes, unscrew the top and empty it out.  Stick a hose in to wash out all the bits and fill it up from the new bags.

I'm not in Chiang Mai, but our local DoHome say they can send someone around to do it as well.

image.png.59908f8f1afd9599ad0bbe3918c968ab.png

38 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

There are a lot of different Mazuma filter types.  I have the one below, which takes granulated carbon, and change it myself.  I buy the bags of carbon from DoHome, disconnect the filter from the inlet and outlet pipes, unscrew the top and empty it out.  Stick a hose in to wash out all the bits and fill it up from the new bags.

I'm not in Chiang Mai, but our local DoHome say they can send someone around to do it as well.

Thanks. For now I have scheduled Mazuma technicians because for the first year they won't charge for labor (700-800 baht).

I will observe them and decide if I can handle it myself next time.

There seems to be just one Dohome in Chiang Mai, and it is some distance away. 

You just ask them for water filter carbon? About what does it cost - Mazuma said my filter needs 20 liters. 

15 minutes ago, Wandr said:

Thanks. For now I have scheduled Mazuma technicians because for the first year they won't charge for labor (700-800 baht).

You just ask them for water filter carbon? About what does it cost - Mazuma said my filter needs 20 liters. 

You can buy it on Lazada.

Mazuma is a rip off, I had their filters installed when I built my home, but ordered them to take back the whole lot.

The same as what they offer can be bought at 20% of the price.

Changing the Resins or carbon granules is not difficult, but it may be a kind of a mess, and you have to dispose of the removed carbon

10 hours ago, Wandr said:

DoHome sells 1L bags for 115 Baht, but you can get them for 95 Baht on Lazada. I haven't tried them.  I will next time though.

image.png.bb902a1a724f3600bc870c2aaf53a1d3.png

13 hours ago, BenStark said:

Changing the Resins or carbon granules is not difficult, but it may be a kind of a mess, and you have to dispose of the removed carbon

Oh yes, it's a mess. I changed the resin on our Mazuma.

Wish I knew before what to expect and might have taken care that the "slime" doesn't run free. The outlet is just a hand breadth over the ground.

13 hours ago, ballpoint said:

DoHome sells 1L bags for 115 Baht, but you can get them for 95 Baht on Lazada. I haven't tried them.  I will next time though.

image.png.bb902a1a724f3600bc870c2aaf53a1d3.png

Well, why not buy from Mazuma then? It's less than what you are paying.

My filter looks similar to yours, and for 20 liters carbon Mazuma wants 2070 baht - less than what you have been paying. And don't forget, if you buy from Lazada you will have to pay a hefty shipping charge.