It's A Small World

GuestHouse

I'm in Lincoln for the day, the first time I've set foot in the place for over a decade.

I walked into a cafe, ordered a coffee, turned around to look for somewhere to sit and there right in front of me is a Thai girl I dated in Pattaya 7 years ago.

Five minutes talking with her reminded me exactly why I got rid of her, so her new boyfriend had no need to be so agitated.

hel_l, its not as if I planned to see her again.

Anyway, what a small world.

I'm going for a pint of Bateman's to get over the shock.

I'm in Lincoln for the day, the first time I've set foot in the place for over a decade.

I walked into a cafe, ordered a coffee, turned around to look for somewhere to sit and there right in front of me is a Thai girl I dated in Pattaya 7 years ago.

Five minutes talking with her reminded me exactly why I got rid of her, so her new boyfriend had no need to be so agitated.

7 years ,you've got one hel_l of a memory :o

Get out of here :D You did the dating scene in Pattaya? Thanks for coming clean :o

Cost, who cares as long as it is not that nasty Nestle's instant crap that 99% of th places serve in Thailand.

They even make it brewed as normal grind coffee. This is almost as bad as eating rice every day and served with Somolian chickens, alot of bone and little meat.

So how much was the coffee compared to 10 years ago?

(Just getting ready for the shock for when I have to go back).

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... Good Honest Ales. Why on earth did you bother with the coffee?

Get out of here :D You did the dating scene in Pattaya? Thanks for coming clean :o

It really depends how many girls you 'dated' in pataya over period of 10 years. Good chance many of them went abroad.

:D he'll be telling us that he met his wife in Pattaya next :D

Edited by Neeranam

I once bumped into a girl I *Knew* from Bangkok at a Loy Kratong Patry in Brussels

You could see her doing mental summersaults as she knew I was English.

Seen a few faces I recognised at the Wat in Wimbeldon and Battersea when I have been back in the UK - recognised them as having "previous"

I was staying at a small hotel in Amsterdam back in Nov '84, while on holidays from Germany where I was posted.

Having a drink in the bar/lounge/check-in area when this girl comes in with a Canadian flag on her backpack. Buddy next to me (an American Marine also on holidays) nudges me and says "One of yours", referring to the fact I was (am) Canadian as well.

I sauntered up to the check-in counter/bar to get another drink, and sneak a peek at her registration card. Lo and behold, she came from a small town in BC that I'd gone to school in back in '75. I looked at her and said "Your from Xxxxxxxx ??"

She looked at me and said "I know you". I told her I didn't think so (after all, I had only been in the school for about 6 weeks before events dictated that I be relocated).

Turns out she did remember me, and could remember most of the other people that had been in my class (and some other details best forgotten about).

Would have never expected to be remembered in that town all, let alone be recognized 9 years later on a different continent.

I once bumped into a girl I *Knew* from Bangkok at a Loy Kratong Patry in Brussels

Seen a few faces I recognised at the Wat in Wimbeldon and Battersea when I have been back in the UK - recognised them as having "previous"

lucky you :o

I was hanging-out with my bf and friends at the Bus Stop a few weeks ago, and had quiet a shock when I took a closer look at the people on the next table. My xbf's bestfriend was there with his gf. It was such a shock to me coz I left the friendship circle after the split 3 years ago and we used to be buddies for 2 years before the split (they were the group I hang-out with). I went to the loo to compose myself. Bumped into my xbf's bestfriend on my way out of the loo, so I was forced to say something.

the pattaya girl in lincoln i can buy as an oddity, but i ran into my ex-boyfriends friend at bus stop? that is reaching a bit for relevance.

Edited by t.s

the pattaya girl in lincoln i can buy as an oddity, but i ran into my ex-boyfriends friend at bus stop? that is reaching a bit for relevance.

Hehhehehhee. Keep in mind that they used to be my inner circle (for 2 years) 3 years ago and we were all tight. We hang-out during week days after work then storm the city on week-ends. I dropped all of them like a hot potato after the split. I guess, that was me feeling a little guilty and a little uncomfortable as well.

Lincoln? Where's that, which continent, country? I presume it's not round the corner from Pattaya, which is the point of the post...but still...

Nobody has asked so I expect the answer is going to make me feel stupid...but curiosity is nagging me.

lucky you :o

Never seen any I knew from Thailand here in Singapore though except one from a very large picture advertisingf a bar on Walking Street - took me ages to figure out how I knew the face.

Lincoln? Where's that, which continent, country? I presume it's not round the corner from Pattaya, which is the point of the post...but still...

Nobody has asked so I expect the answer is going to make me feel stupid...but curiosity is nagging me.

Its the City of the county Lincolnshire a quiet place in the east of England

It was until Guesthouse bumped into his Ex :o:D

Edited by mrbojangles

It was until Guesthouse bumped into his Ex :o:D

LOL - probably made front page news in the local rag as its the most exciting thing to happen there in years!!! :D

I'm sitting here are our business in Bangkok this week at a 'pre-meeting' to a meeting with some rich guy's advisors, an older lady and a younger lady, for business affairs.

We talk for an hour about business, everything seemed lovely and the next meeting was set. Business over, I ask the girl how long she had lived in Los Angeles to which she said a few years. I asked her if she had ever been to a popular set of Thai restaurants and she said yes and asked who I knew.

She knew some of the same people. Not that big a deal really, but then she asks if I know the manager, whom I have known for about 15 years. Turns out, she was his daughter.

The world and for sure Bangkok, is getting smaller everyday.

yeah it is a strange phenomenon . Many times I noticed when you think about someone , or just slipped your mind that

after a while you see or meet this person after so many years . Indeed sometimes comfortable and sometimes not .