Intelligence report says US split on Covid-19 origins

Social Media

from the report

*An inspection of the WIV’s high-containment laboratories in 2020—only months after the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak’s emergence— identified a need to update aging equipment, a need for additional disinfectant equipment, and improvements to ventilation systems. As this inspection occurred in the midst of the WIV’s crisis response to the COVID-19 outbreak, these findings are not necessarily indicative of WIV’s biosafety status prior to the outbreak.*

come on. so the lab got sloppy all of a sudden ? ....or they always were. 

how could finding outdated equipment etc not be indicative of the biosafety leading up to that ? makes no sense.  

also no mention of the sickness that befell numerous soldiers during the military world games (october 2019) that were held in wuhan china just prior to the official outbreak.   

*we are unable to confirm if any of them handled live viruses in the work they performed prior to falling ill.*

this is an extremely important piece of info that really needs answering. as just prior to that they state that some of. but it doesn't state all. so some may have been and there is no answer to that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

from the report

*An inspection of the WIV’s high-containment laboratories in 2020—only months after the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak’s emergence— identified a need to update aging equipment, a need for additional disinfectant equipment, and improvements to ventilation systems. As this inspection occurred in the midst of the WIV’s crisis response to the COVID-19 outbreak, these findings are not necessarily indicative of WIV’s biosafety status prior to the outbreak.*

come on. so the lab got sloppy all of a sudden ? ....or they always were. 

how could finding outdated equipment etc not be indicative of the biosafety leading up to that ? makes no sense.  

also no mention of the sickness that befell numerous soldiers during the military world games (october 2019) that were held in wuhan china just prior to the official outbreak.   

*we are unable to confirm if any of them handled live viruses in the work they performed prior to falling ill.*

this is an extremely important piece of info that really needs answering. as just prior to that they state that some of. but it doesn't state all. so some may have been and there is no answer to that. 

Wishful thinking in the US wants it to be a Chinese lab leak. It is, indeed, conceivable that it was. However, there is a big gap between sloppy disinfection practices and an undetected leak causing a major outbreak at a live animal market. The best available evidence (some of which only came to light a few months ago) suggests that the initial source was racoon dogs in a specific area of the market. We shall probably never know for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

However, there is a big gap between sloppy disinfection practices and an undetected leak causing a major outbreak at a live animal market.

in the case of this certain country i am not so sure its that big a gap. one of the biggest events in human history and as you say....

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

We shall probably never know for sure.

13 hours ago, Social Media said:

The origins of the pandemic have been a matter of bitter debate in the US.

That is not how I remember it. Isn't it factually correct to state that the official narrative was that a possible lab leak was a "conspiracy theory" so certainly not one side of a "bitter debate" as claimed in the OP?

• Thumbs Up 1

Video from a non news source you tube account has been removed.

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency, and must include a link to the original source. In some circumstances a moderator may relax this rule and this will be determined on a case by case basis. If this rule is relaxed a moderator will post a public notice explaining the limit and scope of the relaxation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

That is not how I remember it. Isn't it factually correct to state that the official narrative was that a possible lab leak was a "conspiracy theory" so certainly not one side of a "bitter debate" as claimed in the OP?

I agree that the l;ab leak has always been possible and a consideration so therefore not a conspiracy theory. However, it has been the subject of "bitter debate". The current theory outside a lab leak is that it came from raccoon dogs. Many scientists believe that. I'm neutral.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I agree that the l;ab leak has always been possible and a consideration so therefore not a conspiracy theory. However, it has been the subject of "bitter debate". The current theory outside a lab leak is that it came from raccoon dogs. Many scientists believe that. I'm neutral.

Well I have been back to the start of the Covid threads and can not find any examples of posters outlining the arguments for the lab leak scenario, nor any debate on the matter. Maybe people were split on the issue elsewhere?

57 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Well I have been back to the start of the Covid threads and can not find any examples of posters outlining the arguments for the lab leak scenario, nor any debate on the matter. Maybe people were split on the issue elsewhere?

I wasn't referencing this forum. I didn't make that clear I know. You must be aware of the research published widely that it didn't come from a lab leak, surely?

11 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I think you're wrong. Looking forward to your sources that say the lab leak is a conspiracy theory.

21 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

can not find any examples of posters outlining the arguments for the lab leak scenario

Several posters did write extensively discussing the possibility of a lab leak over the past 3 years. You will not find any remaining examples of those discussions.

• Thanks 1

From the AP:

"Four agencies still believe the virus was transferred from animals to humans, and two agencies — the Energy Department and the FBI — believe the virus leaked from a lab. The CIA and another agency have not made an assessment."

Also:

"the report says U.S. intelligence “has no information, however, indicating that any WIV genetic engineering work has involved SARS-CoV-2, a close progenitor, or a backbone virus that is closely-related enough to have been the source of the pandemic.”

https://apnews.com/article/covid19-united-states-intelligence-china-23dcbde0be5638556739b564ece97027