Looking For A Programme Name

sutnyod

Hi,

I have to send a very big file (20 MB after zipping) to someone with a small mailbox. I also know there are programmes around that would allow me to cut the file into, say, 2 MB chunks that can be mailed separately and the receiver to puzzle it together without problem. Does anyone know what those programmes are called, because I want to google for a good one?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

I have to send a very big file (20 MB after zipping) to someone with a small mailbox. I also know there are programmes around that would allow me to cut the file into, say, 2 MB chunks that can be mailed separately and the receiver to puzzle it together without problem. Does anyone know what those programmes are called, because I want to google for a good one?

Thanks a lot

i use to have spliter

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-M...e-Spliter.shtml

the other party need the same program .

must be free somewhere , they have avi spliter too

look at free download site somewhere

The first thought that came to my mind is... why don't you develop yourself an app to do what you want? It is not that hard.

Only programming language I know a bit of is Turbo Pascal, but am not advanced. Anyway, I think the googleable word I was looking for was 'splitter'.

Thanks everbody.

Guest Reimar

I use WinRAR and there is an option where you can directly, within the compression, split the file in different sizes as you need. Even WinRAR has the advantage that .rar files are not recognized as Spam like .zip files.

Guest Reimar
Another easier option would be to use a free email service like Hotmail - which gives you a 1Gb mailbox.

Peter

Peter, it's not because of the e-mail account, it's about the limitation of the size from 1 e-mail incl. attachment! Most of the ISP's limit to app. 2 MB per mail!