Thai Language Schools

J-Mac

Can anyone give me a rundown (value, quality of instruction, etc) on thai language schools in central Bangkok?

I'll be arriving in August and would like to spend a few weeks doing some sort of intensive language course aimed at beginners.

I've read some not-so-great things about Thai teachers, but would appreciate hearing from somebody with firsthand experience.

Cheers

I've studied Thai in ProLanguage School, Times Square Bldg. --Asok Station. Conveniently located downtown and quite reasonable.

The teacher I had was good. I would recommend private lesson, but 2 students in a class will be fine for you to practice Thai more.

Check this out!

www.prolanguage.co.th

Good luck!

I've studied Thai in ProLanguage School, Times Square Bldg. --Asok Station. Conveniently located downtown and quite reasonable.

The teacher I had was good. I would recommend private lesson, but 2 students in a class will be fine for you to practice Thai more.

Check this out!

www.prolanguage.co.th

Good luck!

I have heard they are good there.

I've just 'enrolled' at the Nisa Thai language school, which is 5/10 mins from Chong-nonsi or Saladaeng BTS via motocycle. It's Soi Yen Akart 0.

Very pro place, with what my limited experience says is a good price at around 250 baht per hour for private tuition, which is very flexible (you decide times, frequency, and can cancel as late as a few hours before a session with no penalty).

You could also try AUA school which is about 90 baht per class but is held in groups of about 40 people.

EDIT: After a couple of classes there I am more than satisfied with the teaching ability and atmosphere. The only small detail is that the classrooms are partitioned areas of a room rather than behind closed doors (referring to one on one classes here).

Teachers are both full and part time it seems, some young some old. I would definitely recommend the place to anyone looking to learn..it seems the bias is toward the Japanese as about 30% seem to be falang and 70% japanese.