Surf 'n' Turf

JimGant

Just got back from Bangkok, where I had a fantastic steak, along with half an American lobster. So, just wondering, is there any restaurant in CM that offers such a combination? I could live with the lobster being a clawless langusta.

Yes, plenty of seafood restaurants with langusta. But are any equipped with decent (and, yes, expensive) steaks?

There must be a niche restaurant out there somewhere......

Thanx

I don't know if it has anything as crude as Surf 'n Turf.

Le Coq D'Or is the most expensive restaurant in Chiang Mai, expect dinner for two to set you back 7k to 10K baht. Fine food, impeccable service, great ambience.

I like D'Antonio's, which does a very good osso buco. About 1K with house wine.

Butter is Better on Changkhlan Road has good bangers and mash, American themed restaurant, not expensive.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RayWright said:

What was the gaff called in BKK? Just wondering as like a good Surf'n'Turf for next time I'm up there. Cheers.

Rib Room, at the top of the Landmark. Besides excellent food, excellent ambiance, as the 31st floor, obviously, has a good view.

https://www.landmarkbangkok.com/dining/rrb-rib-room-bar-steak-house/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Le Coq D'Or is the most expensive restaurant in Chiang Mai,

Yeah, great place -- leave there with a smile and a burp -- and an empty wallet. But at my age, the latter is only less inheritance for worthless relatives. Time to splurge.

Last there years ago, and had great lamb chops. Geez, now I have a hunger for lamb.... Must be a reaction from too much Thai food lately -- Western roots taking over.

Edited by JimGant

• 2 weeks later...