You Tube Unrequested Pausing .

dddave

I like playing YT music videos, sometimes more than an hour in duration while I do other things.  Recently, YT has begun pausing the video after about 45 minutes, no explanation.  This on both my LR & BR TV's.  

Anybody else experiencing this?  Did I accidently activate some hidden setting?   Just plain You Tube.  I don't subscribe to any of the paid versions. 

I do use an ad-blocker.  They recently announced new anti ad-blocker measures.  Perhaps connected to that.

YouTube will pause a video if you haven't interacted with it, usually around 45 minutes.

I use 4K downloader to download YouTube videos to my harddrive, then play from there using either PotPlayer or VLC media player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dddave said:

I like playing YT music videos, sometimes more than an hour in duration while I do other things.  Recently, YT has begun pausing the video after about 45 minutes, no explanation.  This on both my LR & BR TV's.  

Anybody else experiencing this?  Did I accidently activate some hidden setting?   Just plain You Tube.  I don't subscribe to any of the paid versions. 

I do use an ad-blocker.  They recently announced new anti ad-blocker measures.  Perhaps connected to that.

45 min ?

most times i get 20 minutes. 

• Like 1

Yes it's started to do that for me ,but not all the time , what I don't like

is when I open Youtube page ,it always say you are offline , when i

am obviously not, so i have to clear the browser cache and reload

the page and its OK , they will be trying to get more people to go

for the paid version.......

regards worgeordie

I have a great workaround for this for mobile YouTube on my phone.

I use my smartwatch which is connected to my phone and has the ability to override the play function on the YouTube app without removing the prompt question, ensuring no further prompts/ interruptions.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

when I open Youtube page ,it always say you are offline , when i

am obviously not,

I have never had this happen on You Tube.  I've had it happen on other sites but never consistently.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/8/2023 at 11:58 AM, dddave said:

One of these might fix it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autotube-youtube-nonstop/egobelhdffdoidcnhpgkngoghpiebial

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-nonstop/

I'm not sure which of the two I should be using.

I keep forgetting to give it a go......maybe I'll do it today:

Edited by Enoon
  • Thanks 2

On 7/8/2023 at 6:21 PM, Furioso said:

YouTube will pause a video if you haven't interacted with it, usually around 45 minutes.

I use 4K downloader to download YouTube videos to my harddrive, then play from there using either PotPlayer or VLC media player. 

Yes. I always download any YT videos I want to watch, several a day, and transfer to a usb and play on my tv. There are several programmes to do that - Convert Youtube, YouTube downloader, savefrom dot net etc

On 7/8/2023 at 5:58 PM, dddave said:

Perhaps connected to that.

You should receive a warning first.  It's like 3 strikes and your booted off.

Perhaps try uninstalling the app and reinstall it and clearing the cache. 

14 hours ago, Enoon said:

One of these might fix it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autotube-youtube-nonstop/egobelhdffdoidcnhpgkngoghpiebial

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-nonstop/

I'm not sure which of the two I should be using.

I keep forgetting to give it a go......maybe I'll do it today:

Thanks @Enoon. I'll have a look at the FF addon.