Cockroach surface spray and room bombs/foggers - do they sell these here in Thailand

steven100

For those who can read Thai .......  which can of insect spray is a surface spray for cockroaches ? is there one that lasts 3 months when sprayed on surfaces?

and has anyone seen or used those insect room vapours/killers that you place on the floor and open the valve then leave the house for a couple of hours,  I remember they work pretty darn well in Australia.

is this surface spray :

image.png.47ac34b06f13e6560e841d647124b221.png

Not seen the sulphur candle type foggers here.

As for surface sparys, the one in your picture I've used to poke in holes, it has that handy metal nozzle. But generally I use the Baygon one, which I spray on the floor in the corners, nooks and crannies, and it works for a couple of weeks or more.

It's about Bht100 from Big C.

1979704254_2023-07-1613_46_17-600.3_Lazada_co.th-.jpg.dfd13196338e5d2962db5fbbb4a1525a.jpg

Edited by Stocky
  • Thumbs Up 1

My best advice, but only if you live in an unattached house, is to call a local insect exterminator that routinely deals with eradication of termites.

Once they spray around the outside of your house for termite protection, I can almost guarantee that you will never see another cockroach in your house, for at least a year.

This has been my experience.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

50 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

My best advice, but only if you live in an unattached house, is to call a local insect exterminator that routinely deals with eradication of termites.

Once they spray around the outside of your house for termite protection, I can almost guarantee that you will never see another cockroach in your house, for at least a year.

This has been my experience.

No need. Just do the gel as I advised. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, digbeth said:

There are fumigator in a plastic can/jar, you fill the jar with water and put the inner can in and it'll fog up the roomspacer.png

yes ....  I see these are 140 baht .... I'll get one of them and some cheaper cockroach gel and a can of Chaindrite surface spray .....       that should kill the bar_stards ....     Lol

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

No need. Just do the gel as I advised. 

yes ....  I found a cheap gel so I'll try that with the ARS can  and Chaindrite spray ......  these guys are all dead from now on .... 

12 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ....  I found a cheap gel so I'll try that with the ARS can  and Chaindrite spray ......  these guys are all dead from now on .... 

No!

Don't do the spray..

Do the gel only.

The spray defeats the purpose of the spray.

They bring the gel back to the nests.

Less is more!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, digbeth said:

There are fumigator in a plastic can/jar, you fill the jar with water and put the inner can in and it'll fog up the roomspacer.png

I can't read the Thai on the can,  so there's an inner can of toxic agent orange or something,  I take it out fill the outta can with water and put the deadly can in then leave the room for a few hours to do it's gas killing ??

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

No!

Don't do the spray..

Do the gel only.

The spray defeats the purpose of the spray.

They bring the gel back to the gel.

Less is more!

Aha ..... ok,  I'll try the gel first ...

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Aha ..... ok,  I'll try the gel first ...

Corrected to the nests.

If you kill some on contact with spray they won't be alive to spread the gel to the nests which are hidden.

Also gross but don't clean the dead ones. The live ones eat them.

You don't actually need bottle caps. They just make cleanup easier. You can apply small bubbles directly to surfaces. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's funny folks use poison sprays & poison gels to kill bugs in their home never concerned that the poison is on their surfaces...That the gel that works so well is tracked back to nests .....over their surfaces..... ???? 

Rather curious actually & then we seem to marvel at how these days there seems to be ever more cancer's & illnesses ????

On the other hand I noticed some folks use a simple vinegar & water mix & spray it on "clean" counters & never have roach problems

Edited by mania
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

nonsense .....  vinegar and water will not rid the room of cockroaches.

Exactly.

As far as cleanliness, sealing kitchen foods well, avoiding any moisture spots, of course that helps with prevention but if you're in a multi unit building the bugs will come in regardless and they require very tiny amounts of food or water to keep going. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, mania said:

It's funny folks use poison sprays & poison gels to kill bugs in their home never concerned that the poison is on their surfaces...That the gel that works so well is tracked back to nests .....over their surfaces..... ???? 

Rather curious actually & then we seem to marvel at how these days there seems to be ever more cancer's & illnesses ????

On the other hand I noticed some folks use a simple vinegar & water mix & spray it on "clean" counters & never have roach problems

Are people licking their surfaces?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

nonsense .....  vinegar and water will not rid the room of cockroaches.

Works very well actually for both roaches & ants. It does not kill them but does repel them

But the first step is to actually have a clean area that the insects have no interest in...Funny how that works....no food no point in sticking around ????

Then again a simple google would have shown you

Edited by mania
  • Haha 1

For roaches, crumbs you can't even see are feasts.

It's almost impossible to have no moisture in your home and they can survive a very long time just on water.

Another funny thing. For people putting out poisons (some people use Borax which I can tell y'all doesn't work nearly as well as the gel) the roaches are genetically averse to LARGE amounts of bait (which presumably are a sign of danger). 

Many people see having cockroaches as a moral failing. The roaches could really care less. Just exterminate them and be done with it!

My favorite cockroach true story is from when I was living in a slummy urban apartment when I was in my 20s. So many roaches! Roach motels were a vacation for them. So I got an African frog and didn't feed it. What a fat frog! It actually worked. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 1:33 PM, Jingthing said:

I know this isn't what you asked but I wouldn't recommend either  of those.

What I do recommend is buying cockroach GEL (on Lazada) and to place very small amounts in bottle caps around the infested area. Number of caps depending on how bad the infestation is. It really works and the results are quite rapid. 

Agreed. Or go to any supermarket and buy the cockroach poison that’s sold in a small tube (250-ish baht). I think it’s from Beyer. Works great and only needs a tiny amount. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1