TM30

jak2002003

Are they enforcing the TM30 rules again in Chiang Mai Immigration? 

We always do new TM30 if we leave and return to the country and our house here in CM. 

But it's been OK to go stay at a hotel in the city or other province and then come back to our house without doing a new one.. We used to but the immigration officer actually told us that was not needed. 

But this time we had one night away at a hotel and now we have had our 90 day report regected for the reason our last address was at the hotel. 

Now are we going to have to pay the fine for not doing a TM30? 

It's hit or miss.  In last 18 months, I've stayed at hotels elsewhere in Thailand who filed the usual TM 30's for me.  Twice there was no issue in continuing to file online 90-day reports but a third time I had the same thing happen to me (online 90-day rejected because of different address on file).  I filed my 90-day in person (no issue with that) and afterwards went to the TM30 office (adjacent to copy shop at rear of main Immigration building) and they "updated" the TM30 for me without charge or issue.  I took several documents with me but they really didn't care to see any of those when I told them what happened.

Strangely, I've also flown out of the country 3 times in the last 18 months and returned to Thailand and those trips caused no disruption in my ability to file online 90-day reports.  Simple reason for that is hotels outside of Thailand don't file TM30's here (i.e., Immigration had to clue I left and returned....although they could have figured it out by the new entry dates I inserted in the online 90-day reports).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CMBob said:

It's hit or miss.  In last 18 months, I've stayed at hotels elsewhere in Thailand who filed the usual TM 30's for me.  Twice there was no issue in continuing to file online 90-day reports but a third time I had the same thing happen to me (online 90-day rejected because of different address on file).  I filed my 90-day in person (no issue with that) and afterwards went to the TM30 office (adjacent to copy shop at rear of main Immigration building) and they "updated" the TM30 for me without charge or issue.  I took several documents with me but they really didn't care to see any of those when I told them what happened.

Strangely, I've also flown out of the country 3 times in the last 18 months and returned to Thailand and those trips caused no disruption in my ability to file online 90-day reports.  Simple reason for that is hotels outside of Thailand don't file TM30's here (i.e., Immigration had to clue I left and returned....although they could have figured it out by the new entry dates I inserted in the online 90-day reports).

Thanks for that info. 

Maybe if I do the 90 day form in person at the drive through it will work..or would the officer see on his computer it's already been rejected...and get me into more bother? 

The annoying thing is we are leaving the country in 3 weeks time.  

Edited by jak2002003

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

....Maybe if I do the 90 day form in person at the drive through it will work..or would the officer see on his computer it's already been rejected...and get me into more bother? 

When I had to do the update, I was erroneously told to go to the Immigration office at Central Festival to get that done.....and, of course, when I got there, they said "no way, you can only do the TM30 stuff at the back office behind the main Immigration office."  But, while there, I did the 90-day report which they handled without any issue (they didn't give a hoot about the TM30 problem).

So....I'd bet a few baht you can do your 90-day at either office and the drive-in deal at the main office would obviously be the fastest; however, to be able to do the online 90-day reports in the future, you're going to need to do the so-called "update" of your TM30 at the office next to the copy joint.  Good luck.

Edited by CMBob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

When I had to do the update, I was erroneously told to go to the Immigration office at Central Festival to get that done.....and, of course, when I got there, they said "no way, you can only do the TM30 stuff at the back office behind the main Immigration office."  But, while there, I did the 90-day report which they handled without any issue (they didn't give a hoot about the TM30 problem).

So....I'd bet a few baht you can do your 90-day at either office and the drive-in deal at the main office would obviously be the fastest; however, to be able to do the online 90-day reports in the future, you're going to need to do the so-called "update" of your TM30 at the office next to the copy joint.  Good luck.

Haha

Thanks. I will try the drive through first. 

I'll let you know what happens..