ChatGPT

KannikaP

I just asked whether Mr Thaksin was back in Thailand. It came back to tell me that it only has 'knowledge' gained up to September 2021, so not much use at all.

Bing & Google came up with the correct answer.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I just asked whether Mr Thaksin was back in Thailand. It came back to tell me that it only has 'knowledge' gained up to September 2021, so not much use at all.

Bing & Google came up with the correct answer.

He is back. 

I can confirm.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Yes, I'd stay away from ChatGPT if I was YOU. ????

I never used it, and only asked this question to test it out, and now I know

IT IS USELESS.

Why is it on the Asean Now menu confuses me. Can any of the Mods or Staff explain please.

15 minutes ago, bob smith said:

He is back. 

I can confirm.

And as I said in my post, Google & Bing came up with the correct answer.

I watched his plane on FlightRadar24.........sad eh?

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Google & Bing came up with the correct answer.

When you say Google you don't mean Google Bard which is their AI app and seems to be even more clueless than ChatGPT with its answer to me just now! ????

145046432_2023-08-22102019.jpg.e37f365a6e645b59505dff2bcec6866d.jpg

But Bing powered by AI was correct with latest news.

24 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

When you say Google you don't mean Google Bard which is their AI app and seems to be even more clueless than ChatGPT with its answer to me just now! ????

145046432_2023-08-22102019.jpg.e37f365a6e645b59505dff2bcec6866d.jpg

But Bing powered by AI was correct with latest news.

No, Google Normal. And yes, I said that Bing came up with a correct, up-to-date answer.

Not useless

Some of you seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how Chat GPT works. Rather than me trying to explain a complex issue , Google , How is "Chat GPT different than a browser search" 

The short of it is that a traditional  Google search scour every webpage in the internet looking for words that match your query and the algorithm prioritises , but it does not know anything .

Chat GPT is like having a conversation with another person. It can tell you only what it knows, so if it has read only half a book, it cant tell you how it ends. 

Chat GPT id now in school , and has learned things up to a certain time, much like you in 4th grade not knowing things you learn in 6th grade. 

One thing to know about Chat GPT is that it is at it[s infancy and it's prone to errors. It experiences what it is called "Hallucinations" where it will give an answer not supported by anything it has learned yet.

Not unlike many of the posters in this forum ???? At this point the input is manual by typing the information, but very soon you will be able to have a verbal conversation. Like you do when talking to another person, in fact , if over the phone , you will not even know it is not another person. 

So any information you get from Chat GPT is important that you verify it. 

There is a case where a lawyer asked about previous cases and used these references in court only to find out they did not exist (AI hallucinations) and got in a lot of trouble,

Any way it is a very complex subject and not easy to talk about in any meaningful way is a sort forum reply. Best you go to Youtube and watch a video that explains. 

Thrust me when I tell you that it will very soon be a very big part of your life. 

What would be interesting is to ask ChatGPT for a 1000 word essay on the pros and cons of the return of Thaksin from the point of view of a foreigner living in Thailand.

But someone else is going to have to take that bullet.  That AI stuff scares me.

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

What would be interesting is to ask ChatGPT for a 1000 word essay on the pros and cons of the return of Thaksin from the point of view of a foreigner living in Thailand.

But someone else is going to have to take that bullet.  That AI stuff scares me.

It only knows stuff up to Sept 2021.

Now ask it why did Thaksin LEAVE Thailand.

• Thanks 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

It only knows stuff up to Sept 2021.

Now ask it why did Thaksin LEAVE Thailand.

Yeah, but he's been threatening promising to return since well before 2021.  And his policies that would be of interest to foreigners happened waaaaay before 2021.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Yeah, but he's been threatening promising to return since well before 2021.  And his policies that would be of interest to foreigners happened waaaaay before 2021.

Go on then, ask Mr Chat and prove it. Thanks.

Saved you the trouble

Answer:

Thaksin Shinawatra, the former Prime Minister of Thailand, left the country in 2008 due to mounting political pressure and legal issues. He faced allegations of corruption and abuse of power. Thaksin's political opponents accused him of influencing government policies for personal gain and undermining democracy. As a result, he decided to leave Thailand and live in self-imposed exile to avoid imprisonment and further political persecution.

Edited by KannikaP

• 3 weeks later...