Local restaurants warned of sophisticated wine scam circulating in Hua Hin

webfact

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 2:56 PM, DJ54 said:

Speaking of wine… in the news today……

France has too much wine. It's paying millions to destroy the leftovers.

I thought any mention of wine on the forum was banned?? At least that's what I was informed by someone from the moderator's team, and I know this because I had to change my avatar which was a bottle of "The Hedonist" wine!

However I did notice somewhere else that there was a post/advertisement for a huge wine showed/exhibition in Hua Hin – – so I'd like to know what's going on if possible.

Thanks in advance to the moderator team.

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

any mention of wine on the forum

I think you can’t post pictures of alcohol….. someone can clarify. It’s also a no no to post pictures of alcohol beverages on social media… you’ve probably noticed a beer manufacturer commercial is water …. 

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

I thought any mention of wine on the forum was banned?? At least that's what I was informed by someone from the moderator's team, and I know this because I had to change my avatar which was a bottle of "The Hedonist" wine!

I'm pretty sure just mentioning it is OK  - there have been numerous discussions about wine on the forum (and beer, and even some other alcoholic beverages, if I'm not mistaken).

10 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'm pretty sure just mentioning it is OK  - there have been numerous discussions about wine on the forum (and beer, and even some other alcoholic beverages, if I'm not mistaken).

You are right because I used to post regularly on the "Wine Thread" because collecting wine has been my hobby for 50 years (drinking it also I may add!).

It had a few followers at one time, but if the law says we can't post/talk about it, then so be it. A pity really because it's such an interesting subject.