Replacement death certificate

dugdale

Sorry if this is the wrong forum however it seemed the most relevant out of those available.

My Thai wife died in Thailand in 2008. Her death was not registered in the UK although she had lived in the UK for 9 years as I was told by my local registry office that as the death had been registered in Thailand there was no need for it to be registered in the UK. I have somehow misplaced the Thai death certificate and as I'm approaching an age where I might like to retire I will need the death certificate when I apply to take my company pension. Anyone able to offer any advice on how this can be obtained please.

Yes, the death certificates (in Thai) are issued by the District Office where the death occurred.  I mention "in Thai" as you might want to ask your nominee to also get a certified English translation as perhaps your pension company or others won't accept only a death certificate in Thai.  You or your nominee can consult your country's Thai embassy website to hopefully obtain recommended outfits for the certified English translation (the Thai US embassy website has a good list of them).