Help.

malt48

Hi all from a Newbie.

I'm new to this site, joined only tonight. Just found it by doing research & trying to find out about Thai culture & customs. This would probably be better posted on a "Relationship" site if there was such a site here.

I have just started writing to lady in the Buakhao subdistrict of Kalasin Provence. We have been communicating for about a month now. Without going into personal detail of either of us at this point I'm wondering if anyone out there would be interested in giving me some assistance, advice, info or what ever. I guess I'm mainly looking for a friend with some understanding and a bit of time to help a fellow "falang" who is trying to establish a relationship with a local lady. I have visited Thailand once only & will visit again early 2008.

I would really appreciate someone coming back & having a chat to start with.

Thanks....Mal.

Just as man says...TRAPS are everywhere...be extremely carefull,especially with Isaan women all...That area is most poor and they are skilled to survive...Slow down,don't believe in everything she say...Almost 2 years here,wasn't enough for me to know all but main things i know,for sure...Especially about Isaan area...People there are very poor and all they have is beauty...They are famous about it and they know to use it...

Don't hasitate to mail to me,if you want to...Can talk more there...

Regardings...

Edited by endure
Email address removed - please see forum rules

Its not all doom and gloom , if you beleived most of the storys on the internet you would have nothing more to do with Thai people , but i can tell you that the Thai people i have met and are now famly are some of the most genuine honest caring loving people in the world .

Take things slowly use your gut feeling and ask for advice on the forum when you need it .

Someone will help you .

Good luck JB

Hi & welcome to the Issan forum.

If you feel some of the questions could be a bit personal dont post them IMHO.

Send me a PM will be more than happy to help with advice.

My advice would be to post them in the open forum , nothing will be too personal and people dont know you from Adam :o The poster above sounds over qualified to me to just take his/hers advice :D , lots of people in here with different experiences in Thailand best advice you will get is from an open forum .

JB

Thanks all, I appreciate the responses.

How do I send a PM ? Do I use "quote" or "reply" ?

Still learning how to drive this thing.

Thanks again.

Mal.

Hi malt48

To send a PM click on the "username" and select "send message". PM's are like an internal mail system.

Anyway, welcome to the Isaan forum, you'll find plenty of good advice and support in here. I have a house in the Kalasin area, and if I can be of any help let me know.

I don't recognise the district "Buakhao" in Kalasin, are you sure that is correct ?

Totster :o

Welcome, I am only new to this forum but have been married to a Thai lady now for 8 years and its been the best time of my life, yes there are horror stories but I know lots of very happy couples.

Spend lots of time reading thru the forum as there is a huge amount of very usefull information, funny stories and lots of other peoples experiances to learn from. If you feel the topic isnt what you want posted in public feel free to PM me - I might be able to help

I don't recognise the district "Buakhao" in Kalasin, are you sure that is correct ?

Sorry, I misread your opening post.. I thought you meant Buakhao was an Amphur..

Tambon Bua Khao is in Amphur Kuchinarai

totster :o

Hi & welcome to the Issan forum.

If you feel some of the questions could be a bit personal dont post them IMHO.

Send me a PM will be more than happy to help with advice.

My advice would be to post them in the open forum , nothing will be too personal and people dont know you from Adam :o The poster above sounds over qualified to me to just take his/hers advice :D , lots of people in here with different experiences in Thailand best advice you will get is from an open forum .

JB

I did say some questions might be a bit personal :D

ps-Does anyone know of a good hitman in the wang nam keow area? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Posting on the forum rather than through PM will give you a much broader set of views. As was said, we don't know who you are and likely never will.

Your post states you have been communicating/corresponding for about a month. How did you come to start this correspondence?

Hi all from a Newbie.

I'm new to this site, joined only tonight. Just found it by doing research & trying to find out about Thai culture & customs. This would probably be better posted on a "Relationship" site if there was such a site here.

I have just started writing to lady in the Buakhao subdistrict of Kalasin Provence. We have been communicating for about a month now. Without going into personal detail of either of us at this point I'm wondering if anyone out there would be interested in giving me some assistance, advice, info or what ever. I guess I'm mainly looking for a friend with some understanding and a bit of time to help a fellow "falang" who is trying to establish a relationship with a local lady. I have visited Thailand once only & will visit again early 2008.

I would really appreciate someone coming back & having a chat to start with.

Thanks....Mal.

I have sent you a pm

Just as man says...TRAPS are everywhere...be extremely carefull,especially with Isaan women all...That area is most poor and they are skilled to survive...Slow down,don't believe in everything she say...Almost 2 years here,wasn't enough for me to know all but main things i know,for sure...Especially about Isaan area...People there are very poor and all they have is beauty...They are famous about it and they know to use it...

Don't hasitate to mail to me,if you want to...Can talk more there...

Regardings...

I have to disagree with this overly harsh assessment of Isaan women. It is true that Isaan is historically a poor region of the country, but there are many wonderful people from there. My wife is from near Surin; she and all four of her brothers went to university (and some of the best in Thailand eg Thammasat, Mahidon, Srinikarinwirot, Krasertsat). Today they are all working professionals. (We live in the US; I met her when she came here as an Au pair after graduating university). I would compare Isaan to rural Appalachia here in the US. Although there is poverty, not everyone is some kind of grinning, toothless hillbilly (they do exist though).

I also think it's a little strange to say that the Isaan people are famous for their beauty? Certainly this is not true in Thailand, where they are widely considered unattractive because of their dark skin, and they are often discriminated against by the central thais. Go into any Thai drugstore, and you will see shelves of skin-whitening cream. Personally, I think they look fine, but in my experience, they certainly don't think of themselves as beautiful, nor do other Thais see them that way.

Whether the girl you are corresponding with is quality or not depends on many things, eg how did you meet her? does she have any education (or want one)?

Send me a message through the web board here. My wife and I can probably tell from her emails whether she is on the level or not.