Chiang Mai Zoo

roo860

Hey thanks, will have to check out the Zoo next time.  As far as Black face Thais, I love the dark skin.

I have been seeing a lady occasionally from Surin she thinks her heritage has a Black person in it.  She says to me: "I think I Negro".  So dark and beautiful.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Hey thanks, will have to check out the Zoo next time.  As far as Black face Thais, I love the dark skin.

I have been seeing a lady occasionally from Surin she thinks her heritage has a Black person in it.  She says to me: "I think I Negro".  So dark and beautiful.

Hi , Chiang Mai zoo has a new Giraffe and Zebra

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/7/2023 at 3:15 PM, Crossy said:

I'm just imagining the furore back home if they did something like this.

Blackface, cultural appropriation, the woke brigade would be having kittens!

I think I saw the chap on some Robertsons Jam long ago ...

I guess posting a picture of a golly on a jar is inappropriate nowadays? :shock1:

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:08 AM, KhunLA said:

Surely they could have found some farmer that wouldn't need blackface.  I've seen some mighty dark tans here.

Zoos ... please don't support animal cruelty.  

Or picked up a Nigerian billionaire from Sukhumvit to do the job

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2023 at 2:27 PM, roo860 said:

The zoo took delivery of a giraffe and zebra, to show where the animals originated from 2 people dressed up supposedly in the national costume of Africa. They look very impressive.????

img_3_1696662921628.jpg

img_2_1696662479465.jpg

img_1_1696662459139.jpg

"the national costume of Africa". I didn't know Africa was a nation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/8/2023 at 3:37 AM, brommers said:

And as for the blackface, it is a total insult. Many people in Africa have much lighter skins and many people from the subcontinent of India have much darker skins. To portray Africans in this way is a sickening display of ignoranceand racism.

That’s real nice…people having fun and celebrating another culture with no frame of thought of the above accusation. Yet using racism to falsely accuse others of racism is a worse form of racism in of itself. A platitude of false empathy and self imposed false guilt. 
The zoo is a fun place for families to go and learn about other creatures from far away places and in this case, culture. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1