Canadian Woman Arrested For Killing Two Thai Girls, Father In Road Accident

george

Thaigene the original info given out about the case suggested the accused was a man, it later became clear that she is female. It's too big a job to remove all the refs to 'he'.

Thanks for the clarification. Actually I might have thought 'male' too actually..

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can take this as Thai bashing but to me its just common knowledge so... whatever. If a Falang is involved in an accident they are always charged right away (and newspapers will print DRUNK) and then it is sorted out later (if your lucky). To those stating "well she was charged so she's at fault no?". Absolutely not, the police in my experience always blame the falang and then if there's evidence to support your innocence and they don't have a reason to hate you they will drop the charges. Seen this many times, hasn't everyone? This could easily happen to me (I could be involved in a terrible accident killing a family no matter how safely I drive) and I have never touched alcohol but guaranteed it will be printed that they suspect I was drunk, I really don't understand some peoples opinions here, it's like they live in a DIFFERENT Thailand than I.

Damian

Sorry, you are just plain wrong to make such a blanket statement. Do a search on Thai Visa for many instances of farangs involved in accidents who were not found automatically at fault.

I always wonder why people who have such a negative opinion of Thailand bothers living here. Is someone forcing you to live here??

Qualtrough - He's just expressing his view. And he's got experience to back it up apparently. Without vouching for his comments, let's look at it another way.

How would the news story have played out a couple of weeks back if it was a rich (or better yet not so rich) farang who drove his Benz or Toyota into a group of Thais at a bus stop after hitting the bus driver in the head with a rock after a Jai Ron outburst? You don't need to get defensive or argue back here as this is not a criticsim of your comments (but go ahead of course if you want)...but just think about that.

Holy Cannoli! That's an excellent point (and not just because you said something kinda nice about me), really makes you think. If a falang had pulled a murderous tantrum like that punk with his benz-murder what would have happened and how would it have been written up in the papers? Wow, they would have crucified him.

Damian Mavis