Cancelling Airasia Refund?

jet

From Air Asia "terms and conditions"

Booking of Seats

Confirmation of Booking: The booking of a Seat is confirmed after full payment of the fare is made and after we issue you a booking number and/or the Itinerary. Once confirmed, the booking cannot be cancelled and payments made are not refundable.

So why are all those visa runners claiming they can get refunds after showing an Air Asia ticket?

Correct me if I'm wrong but, per the Terms and Conditions, no refund is issued, per se, but if the flight is cancelled by them, they put the money into a credit acct which you can use later to book other flights with:

Cancellation, Changes of Schedules: At any time after a booking has been made we may change our schedules and/or cancel, terminate, divert, postpone reschedule or delay any flight where we reasonably consider this to be justified by circumstances beyond our control or for reasons of safety or commercial reasons. In the event of such flight cancellation, we shall at our option, either:

(a)

carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of your booking; or

(
B)

should you choose to travel at another time, retain the value of your fare in a credit account for your future travel provided that you must re-book within three (3) months therefrom.
Edited by relayer

I tried to get a refund a couple of months ago,on a cheapish ticket with them to Ubon,and they catagorically said no refunds.

They said I could re-book if I paid a re-booking fee(which was more than the price I paid for the ticket),so in the end I just wrote it off,and never used the reservation.

Edited by stevemcqueen

This actually brings up a very good point, why should Air Asia (other budgets also) be allowed to pocket the 700 baht dept tax when it is being collected for the AOT .

As the passenger does not check-in then the tax is not required to be paid to the AOT ;(or any other Countries Airport authorities) this basically is money being stolen as it is a tax revenue, nothing at all to do with the Airline..they are purely a collection agent

It must be creative accounting to blend all the unpaid tax into the fare fee’s….basically another airline rip-off, and I’m very surprised that no government has acted to stop this

As we all know prior to the tax inclusion into ticket price…if you were a no show..no dept tax was paid?...so how can airlines justify this now

:o

• 1 year later...

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/5/27/nation/17848468&sec=nation

http://www.airasia.com/site/th/en/page.jsp...nce=FeeSchedule

Airasia DO NOT refund. However, if you do not turn up for a flight, you can request a refund on the AIRPORT TAX minus a REFUND FEE. The refund fee is 100 Baht/sector/pax (2nd link above).

I have email them according to the info from the 1st link above, providing all booking details. About 3 months later, AIRPORT TAX minus 100 Baht REFUND FEE did credit back to my credit card.

All other items i.e. Fare, Fuel surcharge, admin fee, baggage, etc, are stricly NON-REFUNDABLE. Even if you take them to court. See here http://www.julianmorin.com/blog/?p=401

the current airport tax for AOT airports (NOT Samui and Sukhothai!!) is:

100 THB for domestic

700 bt. for international

an alternative-depending on the type of credit-card you hold and its conditions to let them do that work for you-I get some type of insurance on it (VISA) and this means that any unused/undelivered goods will be returned-in full (On some conditions re timing of claim etc.)-and used it to 100% succes when a low-budget airline I booked on went broke. This could also include the unused- airport tax.

(the current promosyen of AirAisa for 0 bt tickets show 235 bt tax+fees on domestic sectors)

For those living too far to know: AirAsia is modelled all the way on RYANair-likely well known to Brits and Irish. They play the same game: say they return the airport tax (from UK 5 or 10 GBP)-but also charge an administration fee for that-which is equal or higher.

i have a flight booked with airasia, for 7 am on 25th dec was cancelled they put me on there next flight without asking me which leaves at 4 15 pm, i have tried in vain to cancel with no sucsess, they gave me a contact number in there text 662 515 9999, i have tried for about a week without sucsess

the first flight i had a 5 hr wait after landing now the new flight is a16hr wait,i want to switch to thai who i wish i had booked with in the first place.

anyone have any info on a different number tro get through or a email. thanks nev

BANGKOK, Thailand - Thai Airways International Ltd. said it has cut fuel surcharges on most routes as world oil prices fall.

The reduction applies on tickets purchased from Friday, Thailand's national carrier said in a statement.

Thai Airways said it has reduced the charge on most international routes by an average of 40 percent. It is also reducing surcharges on most of its domestic routes by about 40 percent, to 400 baht ($11.7) from 700 baht ($20.5).

Many U.S. and international airlines have trimmed fuel surcharges recently in line with lower jet fuel costs.

• 10 months later...

this topic is a re-vitalized ZOMBIE and almost 2 years old.

you can apply for refund through their website, if I remember that right.

otherwise, call the call-center.

I would not send them emails or even snail mail.

usually it takes around 6 weeks until the airport tax is back on your account, minus a fee of 100 baht, at least it was like that in 2008.

the thread can be 10 years old ... we are still talking about the same topic!

i can't ask for refund online .. i checked already. i can check only the status of the refund, that's all.

in their FAQs they mentioned a mail address which i used today!

in addition to that ... i guess it's a good idea to visit one of their shops ...