New 180 day rule enforcement impact on offshore company ?

Unsure if this has been answered.

I understand the implications of the new tax system (personal) but there hasn't been any clarity on the direct/indirect impact on a '180 day + resident' who owns equity or is a director in a overseas (offshore) company.

Does anyone know if the offshore company will now be brought under Thailand for taxation reasons opposed to continuing to enjoy its 0% tax overseas on revenues/profits. 

I understand if the company pay's me a salary/dividends these will now be taxed from 2024 onwards... when or whereby remitted. 

Until clarity is provided by the RD, know one knows and all you will get is speculation.

Work on the basis of Remittances to Thailand will be subject to Thai taxation from the 01 Jan 2024 ( Let the grown ups 😀😀 argue the toss over exemptions and DTA's and thrash out the details )

The answer to your specific question should lie somewhere in where that offshore Company is registered.

I have a small company in the UK, all relevant taxes are paid in the UK, income from that business is taxed in the UK, no money from that business is remitted to Thailand, I therefore consider it nothing to do with Thailand or Thai taxes.

No doubt some gloom & Doom advocate will come along and tell me that I am totally wrong.

• Like 1