Jump to content

Is it still 7 days visa extension if I currently have a 30 day waiver? (UK Passport).


Recommended Posts

British Passport.

Current Visa:  30 days visa waiver.

Just a day or two to go before it ends... But I want to stay an extra week or two.

 

I dont fancy doing a visa-run.

Am I correct that I just need to go to ChangWattana and get a 7 day extension? (or is it 30 days)?

or can I get longer ?

 

Also: what would happen if I turned up to ChangWattana 1 day AFTER my current visa expires?  is it a simple case of paying the 500 baht overstay fine, and then getting the extension?

Edited by bluebird729
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can get a 30 day extension for your visa exempt entry. The 7 day is not an extension, it is a 7 days to leave after a rejected stay request.

 

30 day extension requires:

- TM7 application form

- copy of passport ID page 

- copy of visa exempt entry stamp

- passport size photo

- 1900 baht

 

Your hotel should have submitted a TM30 stating you are stayng at their hotel (shows on immigration computer). Suggest you ask hotel for some proof of TM30 submission to add to your TM7 application

 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

You can get a 30 day extension for your visa exempt entry. The 7 day is not an extension, it is a 7 days to leave after a rejected stay request.

 

30 day extension requires:

- TM7 application form

- copy of passport ID page 

- copy of visa exempt entry stamp

- passport size photo

- 1900 baht

 

Your hotel should have submitted a TM30 stating you are stayng at their hotel (  shows on immigration computer). Suggest you ask hotel for some proof of TM30 submission to add to your TM7 application

 

ooh.  I booked on booking.com and the hotel didnt even ask me for my passport when I checked in.

if I turn up to changwattana, will it hinder my application?

 

also: what would happen if I turn up to changwattana immigration 1 day AFTER my current visa expires?

is it a simple "pay 500 baht fine" and then they add the extension?

 

Edited by bluebird729
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

ooh.  I booked on booking.com and the hotel didnt even ask me for my passport when I checked in. if I turn up to changwattana, will it hinder my application?

 

also: what would happen if I turn up to changwattana immigration 1 day AFTER my current visa expires?

is it a simple "pay 500 baht fine" and then they add the extension?

I don't see how your hotel did a TM30 without asking to see your passport. Did you maybe provide copy to booking.com and they passed it on? 

 

If not, you definitely need hotel to confirm they did TM30 and give you some proof to print out. If not I'd find another hotel for a day before

 

As for showing up to immigration with 1 day overstay I wouldn't do it, although I have read on here you'll be okay if your entry expires on a weekend/holiday and you go to immigration at the first opportunity after. Someone else to confirm

Edited by Pattaya57
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluebird729 said:

Am I correct that I just need to go to ChangWattana and get a 7 day extension? (or is it 30 days)?

or can I get longer ?

If you entered visa exempt you will attend LakSi immigration office not CW.

You require TM30

 

Your application will not be rejected due to overstay.

Overstay should be avoided..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bluebird729 said:

Current Visa:  30 days visa waiver.

Just a day or two to go before it ends... But I want to stay an extra week or two.

You state "extra week or two" ..

You need a 30 day extension.

You will require a TM30 and basic copies from pp.

 

You did not give your hotel your pp so they did not make a TM30.

 

The 7 days you ask about is irrelevant.

You stated needed week or 2.

It's not an extension.

 

Sort out the TM30 and obtain 30 day extension.

You left it very late. 

 

Being UK and visa exempt to Vietnam you could have considered mini holiday there.

The easiest solution is LakSi for 30 day extension. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

If you entered visa exempt you will attend LakSi immigration office not CW.

You require TM30

 

Your application will not be rejected due to overstay.

Overstay should be avoided..

Isn't the ChangWattana immigration office (in the huge government complex) the exact same thing as LakSi immigration office ?

or, is there a reason you said "attend LakSi immigration office not CW".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bluebird729 said:

is there a reason you said "attend LakSi immigration office not CW".

Up to recent times 30 day  extension to tourist visa is done at CW.

Extension to visa exempt done at LakSi.

Google IT mall LakSi.

It's on the new Red line. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Up to recent times 30 day  extension to tourist visa is done at CW.

Extension to visa exempt done at LakSi.

Google IT mall LakSi.

It's on the new Red line. 

Do they require me to show an outbound flight ticket?

Right now I didnt get one.
I could always book one while at immigration if they demand it.

But,, generally speaking, do they usually ask for proof of exit ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought I would update how the 30-day visa went at Laksi:

  PS:  I was currently on a 30 day waiver and applied for an additional 30 days at Laksi.

 

I went to immigration at I.T. Square, Laksi  (3rd Floor).

I was one day overstayed and it was completely fine.

It's just a standard procedure to pay the 500 baht penalty, and it was without any worry or slap on the wrist.

 

I asked my hotel to do a TM30 (which they did online) and they sent me a screenshot of it. I printed it out (and was completely fine).

There are a few photocopy and print shops in the same room as immigration.

I spent about 30 mins filling in forms and organising stuff, and then I had to wait about 2 hours to get seen, and then an additional 30 mins to receive the completed visa in my passport.

I arrived at about 2pm and left at about 5pm

 

I was customer number 255 of the day, and it went to almost 400 (last person).

I had a 1 hour massage while I was waiting (directly opposite the queue), one of the massage staff was checking the queue number (from time to time).

 

All in all, an easy afternoon.

 

Apparently, you can now book your appointment online, rather than queue and wait.

I have NO IDEA how it works. But thought i'd mention it.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...