How Much Baht Can I Take Into Tl From Uk

wolfy66

I am pretty certain that the linit is higher.

Are you a tourist? Or are you visiting on business? Or are you relocating?

I would suggest, that if you are a tourist a mixture of travellers cheques, cash and credit cards is your best option. It is also very easy to draw money out of an ATM and the charges are not that oppressive.

I'm sure that others will give you further advice, on which cards and banks are best for this.

Thanks, yes I'm going as a tourist but need to pay a dowry, just wondered what the limits were and how to draw money out, because there might be daily limits to withdraw cash?

Most ATM cards have a limit, normally around 500 pounds a day or whatever your limit is in the UK. Make sure that you inform your bank that you are travelling and that you will be using the cards in Thailand, as sometimes if you don't they will block the card. It will save you having to make a phonecall, or looking like a bit of a fool when you go to pay a bill. I only mention this, as when my parents were over here earlier in the year they had to conatct the bank as the cards were being blocked.

I have bought in far more than 50,000bht in cash in the past to Thailand. I think you may find that the figure is around 6,000 pounds to take out of the UK without declaring it. You could do that, and then change here. You will also probably get a better rate of exchange here as opposed to a High Street bank in the UK. I am sure there will be someone who can verify the exact amount.

You may get some further advice from others about the Dowry, now that you have mentioned it.

Have a good trip and congrats.

Edited by mrtoad

yuor much better to bring travellers cheques as you get thia rate not uk rate and for 10000pounds you only pay 45 quid and you get about68 bht per pound not 61 in uk or when your here open bank naccount and ring your international side off your bank and transfer monies at will charge about 20 quid dont forget transfer in stirling (gbp)

The safest way to go is have travelers cheques its also by far the best exchange rate in Thailand , i have carried in 10k in travelers cheques went into banks and they changed them no problem and charged me 30 baht per cheque .

JB

This has to be said. If someone is so lacking in a clue as to think it's a good idea to buy Thai baht in the UK to bring over here, I shudder in fear at what is happening with the dowry - amount, circumstances, etc.

wolfy, have you ever even BEEN to Thailand before?