The fall of Minneapolis.

24 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Anyone,especially Yanks ,seen this film and what is your verdict?

As a Brit who currently has the worst politicians and police forces in my lifetimes(74) your lot make our pathetic leaders look positively professional.

I won't watch it because based on research it's not coming from an objective POV. But here it is for anyone interested:

2 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

... what is your verdict?

Illuminating.  All bow down to Saint George!  A great expose of politics running roughshod over common sense.  And of the stupid masses & media showing their stuff.

There was one issue poorly addressed in the film.  Did Chauvin - who used the technique he was taught - use it longer than was necessary.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

There was one issue poorly addressed in the film.  Did Chauvin - who used the technique he was taught - use it longer than was necessary.

Problem was not the technique or how long he used it.  It was that Chauvin prevented his subordinates from moving Floyd or starting CPR for several minutes after being informed he wasn't breathing and had no pulse.  Kind of like he wanted to make sure he stayed dead.

8:24 p.m. Floyd’s “slight movements” decreased and he stopped moving.

8:25 p.m. Floyd appeared to stop breathing. “Want to roll him on his side?” Lane asked again.

Kueng checked Floyd’s pulse. “I couldn’t find one,” Kueng said.

8:27 p.m. Chauvin removed his knee from Floyd’s neck.

https://www.startribune.com/a-timeline-of-events-leading-to-george-floyd-s-death-as-outlined-in-charging-documents/570999132/

2 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Anyone,especially Yanks ,seen this film and what is your verdict?

As a Brit who currently has the worst politicians and police forces in my lifetimes(74) your lot make our pathetic leaders look positively professional.

We always had S politicians (everyone does; show me a good one... look at the state of Thailand, China, the US, Canada, AUS, NZ, Israel, Turkey, Argentina and on and on), but the current crop are pretty benign compared to the sad surrendering Blair days which brought us to this point with the migrant mess. No particular love for a party, but any of them having to steer through Brexit, COVID, BLM etc is going to get it 'wrong', and not forgetting the whole world has changed.

British police are still the best in the world btw. Don't let the current state of wokeness and inability for them (and government) to do anything to cloud that. You can still stop them and talk to them on the street without getting shot!

I get the false angst, but would avoid blaming everything on government (that is a copout) or others... being a boomer, all this mess is you guys' doing in both UK and US. You lot bled these countries and made them what they are! Enjoy your movie.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I won't watch it because based on research it's not coming from an objective POV. But here it is for anyone interested:

Thanks for the link.  I'll watch it when I get to Thailand in a few days, where YouTube isn't blocked.  Agree or disagree with the POV, it's pretty useful to understand the come-from of the other side.

Edit: That said, sometimes it only takes watching the first 60 seconds to weed it out.

Edited by impulse