DTAC validity

NanLaew

I have a DTAC SIM pre-paid that carried a few hundred baht balance and had a validity through to September 2024. I didn't move it to my new phone so it has been totally inactive for maybe two months now.

Just tried it, and it doesn't communicate, doesn't receive the OTP to log in and check the account with the app and doesn't accept inbound calls. There's no signal strength bars and has the 'x' next to it. I assume DTAC have maybe suspended or de-registered it due to inactivity, but maybe it's not completely cancelled? I was of the understanding that if there's pre-paid validity, it can't be cancelled, but one needs to either make/receive a call or send/receive an SMS to keep it alive.

Any advice if it's worthwhile following up at the DTAC shop tomorrow.

Call them now on 1678. No need to visit. 
Maybe try posting some feedback of what actually happened afterwards. You have a bit of a habit of not posting follow-ups. 
If it was valid until September 2024, that means there was activity in September. Not very long ago. Check the device you are using. Does it happen with any other device? Either way, a call to DTAC will get you the facts in minutes. 

Edited by NextG

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

From my experience, suspended not cancelled.

I'd call them first, maybe you don't need to actually go there.

Should not even be suspended, unless it’s a SIM card with different rules. I have SIMs that I utilise very occasionally and aren’t in devices. No issues there, as long as validity maintained. 

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

Should not even be suspended, unless it’s a SIM card with different rules. I have SIMs that I utilise very occasionally and aren’t in devices. No issues there, as long as validity maintained. 

It was valid, but have been out of use for over two months. Sounded odd, but they sorted it in no time. 

That was about 5 years ago.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's OK now.

User error? 😊

Your ‘feedback’ is not that useful to those who may need to know that they need to do something to stop their SIMs from going into a ‘suspended’ mode. 

Edited by NextG
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, NextG said:

User error? 😊

Your ‘feedback’ is not that useful to those who may need to know that they need to do something to stop their SIMs from going into a ‘suspended’ mode. 

You could have had a more fulfilling response, but you have a "bit of a habit" of being churlish and condescending.

Your concern for the travails of fellow forum members is rather quaint.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You could have had a more fulfilling response, but you have a "bit of a habit" of being churlish and condescending.

Your concern for the travails of fellow forum members is rather quaint.

Seems that it was user error then….and too ashamed to admit it  ☺️
Thanks for the confirmation. Nothing to see here. 

• 2 weeks later...

The 1-year DTAC data SIM (bought on Lazada from Simnet Agentplus) in my 4G modem/router has just expired. I read in other threads that some have managed to top-up and extend for another 12-months after expiration, but that may have been unique to AIS? I checked the SMS messages and there was no offer to renew before the expiration and since then, only the short-term day/week add-on data package offers.

On another tack, I did a quick 50-baht top-up to see if that worked but I was unable to apply one of the packages and the balance was gone soon after. If I type the data package code into the Phone Number box in the modem/router's SMS New Message menu and hit Send, does that do the trick?

here.jpg.ecc150260a07ded43e674a1846bd32ac.jpg

Thanks.

You need a new dtac 1 year sim. Got one in the last month, about 2100bt/yr for unlimited 30mbps. Like you, my old one expired and there is no way I found to extend it (for a reasonable cost) for another year.

And since it's in a router, you shouldn't care about what the phone number is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

You need a new dtac 1 year sim. Got one in the last month, about 2100bt/yr for unlimited 30mbps. Like you, my old one expired and there is no way I found to extend it (for a reasonable cost) for another year.

And since it's in a router, you shouldn't care about what the phone number is. 

Already ordered. In the meantime, I have borrowed the DTAC SIM from my youngest lad's Christmas present Imoo watch to tide me over. The Grinch giveth, and the Grinch taketh away.

When I was talking about the 'phone number', it was specific to sending USSD codes from the modem/router's SMS messaging page in order to keep the old SIM ticking over until the new one shows up this weekend.

• Thanks 1