Cheap Flights Sydney-bangkok

Just a head up for the Australians.

I just scored a Sydney - Bangkok return flying BA in late October for AU$886 (Including taxes)

If you got to zuji the price is $906 then ring flight Centre and they have to knock off another $20.

Edited by Anthony_Mustang

I have just booked thru Flight Centre a flight with Thai for late Aug for $960 incl taxes. It will be much nicer flying with thai than putting up with those middle aged, ugly boilers on BA. Flown once with them and never again. You cant beat the asian airlines for service.

I have just booked thru Flight Centre a flight with Thai for late Aug for $960 incl taxes. It will be much nicer flying with thai than putting up with those middle aged, ugly boilers on BA. Flown once with them and never again. You cant beat the asian airlines for service.

Only problem with Thai on the Sydney route is they are still mostly using the old 747's with no individual IFE. I think it's every third flight they put on 777's but they charge extra :o

Actually I prefer Singapore Airlines myself but couldn't get the price down for them.

Edited by Anthony_Mustang

I just scored a Sydney - Bangkok return flying BA in late October for AU$886 (Including taxes)

Late October is 'low' season with BA/QANTAS. The shoulder season is between 20 Sept and 14 October.

It pays to book months in advance. BA has various economy classes for each flight. The cheapest tickets (usually for students) are the first sold and then the next economy class comes on sale at a higher price, and so on until the flight is sold out. There is quite a difference in the prices between each of the classes, irrespective of them all being economy.

As the departure date draws near, they will offer the unsold seats at a special price but these days there aren't that many seats that remain unsold.

Zuji sets the lowest prices that I have found. Flight Centre guarantee to better any genuine quoted price. Student Flights will meet any quoted price.

It pays to shop around.

Only problem with Thai on the Sydney route is they are still mostly using the old 747's with no individual IFE. I think it's every third flight they put on 777's but they charge extra :o

Actually I prefer Singapore Airlines myself but couldn't get the price down for them.

My flight from Syd - Bkk is on a 777 but return is on 747 but as its an overnight flight I will try and sleep anyway

I booked return flight from Sydney departing on the 14th November for $906 with BA. Booked this about 3 weeks ago. Had a look the next day and prices were at least $250 more expensive. Not sure why this was so cheap cause I thought that is a high season in Thailand.