Help! Tot Adsl Line Won't Let Me Post To Thai Visa!

robsamui

Hi All.

I've only been able to have a ADSL connection (with TOT) for about 3 weeks, and yesterday I tried to post a reply to one of the forums. I couldn't do it.

So today, I tried again, using my old dial-up modem instead and it was fine.

What was happening was interesting - when hitting the "post new topic" button, nothing happened for 6 or 7 seconds, then suddenly I was thrown back to the root of the website on the main page (www.thaivisa.com) with no trace of my posted replies.

But it's a sweet as (very slow) silk when using a dial-up connection.

Any ideas why that might be?

Cheers

Rob

Only differance may be that dial up has differant public IP address then your ADSL connection does and that Address is blocked from posting. Contact admin on dial up and provide them info on your ADSL connection they may be able to fix it. I assume your ADSL works well at other then Thai Visa.

Only differance may be that dial up has differant public IP address then your ADSL connection does and that Address is blocked from posting. Contact admin on dial up and provide them info on your ADSL connection they may be able to fix it. I assume your ADSL works well at other then Thai Visa.

Try logging out from TV on dialup, and log-in again on your ADSL. I would imagine that your original log-in only remains valid whilst you are on the same service.

+ SJ

What is your MTU size in your router set to? Sometimes that by default is too big and has to be reduced.

That's certainly the case with my fathers netgear router in the UK and the classic symptom is that https doesn't work

reliably.

Hi All.

I've only been able to have a ADSL connection (with TOT) for about 3 weeks, and yesterday I tried to post a reply to one of the forums. I couldn't do it.

So today, I tried again, using my old dial-up modem instead and it was fine.

What was happening was interesting - when hitting the "post new topic" button, nothing happened for 6 or 7 seconds, then suddenly I was thrown back to the root of the website on the main page (www.thaivisa.com) with no trace of my posted replies.

But it's a sweet as (very slow) silk when using a dial-up connection.

Any ideas why that might be?

Cheers

Rob