Frangipani tree blooms after five years sparking luck beliefs in Phimai district

snoop1130

26-เลข3.jpg

In the first blossoming in five years, a Frangipani tree has caused excitement in the community of Nakhon Ratchasima’s Phimai district. The residents fervently believe that a blooming Frangipani brings luck and prosperity, especially around the New Year. This particular tree is planted in front of the house numbered 127/1, owned by Sawang Suwongsombat, 62 years old.

The locals have been visiting the tree to pay respects and make wishes, hoping to be granted good luck. Sawang, the owner, had planted the Frangipani tree outside her home five years ago, and this is the first time it has bloomed. The sight of the blooming tree has been taken as a sign of impending fortune, leading to many locals lighting incense and making prayers for luck.

“I lit incense and made wishes last night, and I got the number 27, which coincides with my house number. So, we all came to make another round of wishes according to the belief. Whether it will come true or not, we have to wait and see. But I think the Frangipani tree will continue to bring luck, and I will try to make a wish for another round.”

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Photo courtesy of Khao Sod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The locals have been visiting the tree to pay respects and make wishes, hoping to be granted good luck. Sawang, the owner, had planted the Frangipani tree outside her home five years ago, and this is the first time it has bloomed. The sight of the blooming tree has been taken as a sign of impending fortune, leading to many locals lighting incense and making prayers for luck

When you have nothing else to hope for then I guess you have to believe in something.

• Agree 1