Pickup Truck Overturns on Elevated Highway, Injuring 23 Workers in Chonburi

webfact

image.jpeg

Chonburi — A pickup truck carrying 26 workers to a construction site overturned on the elevated highway near the Rojana Industrial Estate in Chonburi province on Monday morning, resulting in 23 injuries.

The local rescue responders received a report of the accident at approximately 7:00 AM today and immediately rushed to the scene along with several ambulances.

Upon arrival, they found a silver Toyota Vigo pickup truck with a modified roof lying on its side. Several injured workers were found near the overturned vehicle. Emergency responders provided immediate medical assistance before transporting the injured to Laem Chabang Hospital and Somdej Phra Borom Ratchathewi Hospital in the Sri Racha district.

By Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-01-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

47 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

23 people packed in a truck? theses guys had a lucky star. why on earth is this still allowed? i drive fast, but i still get overtaken by, specially isuzu truck maniacs, crazed thais carrying a load of people.

'Fortunately, the relatively low speed of the truck prevented any fatalities'.

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

23 people packed in a truck? theses guys had a lucky star. why on earth is this still allowed? i drive fast, but i still get overtaken by, specially isuzu truck maniacs, crazed thais carrying a load of people.

I counted forty, honestly!, in a pickup once. Eight in the cabin and 32 in the bed. They were sat four abreast on four planks double-decker style so two layers of 16 labourers.

So, i assume the truck was registered to carry 26 passengers and a driver. Otherwise jail the driver as well as the owner of the company that owns the car. Also put heavy fines on the company.

15 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

So, i assume the truck was registered to carry 26 passengers and a driver. Otherwise jail the driver as well as the owner of the company that owns the car. Also put heavy fines on the company.

Punishments like that would be actual deterrents, but are just a fantasy, unfortunately.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Punishments like that would be actual deterrents, but are just a fantasy, unfortunately.

I know, as I just pinched myself. I was a good dream, though.

6 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

23 people in a pick-up is NOT 'allowed' but there is very little enforcement of traffic laws here - hence the very high casualty rates. 

5 minutes ago, Greenhill said:

23 people in a pick-up is NOT 'allowed' but there is very little enforcement of traffic laws here - hence the very high casualty rates. 

Is there a law restricting the number that can be carried? Can yu quote it please. As far as I am aware it is all just hot air!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A pickup truck carrying 26 workers to a construction site overturned on the elevated highway near the Rojana Industrial Estate in Chonburi province on Monday morning, resulting in 23 injuries.

:cowboy:

5 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yeah it was about 5 years ago.  However, the adverse reaction it received made the government change its mind.

Correct, the out-cries from the population made sure it was never mandated.