eVisa Blacklist check?

Hi,

I posted a topic a couple of years ago about trying to establish if I am on the blacklist which is still unresolved.

Do you know if the EVISA system checks against the Blacklist?

Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

They do. 

No, not very likely. 

Immigration runs the passport details via a scan of the chip / QR code against several databases (black listings, terrorists, certain fraud, ....). 

These are not available for everyone. 

I know someone who was blacklisted.

Intended to try and re-enter VE, but after booking a flight, the airline later cancelled the booking notifying him because he was on a blacklist and would be refused entry.

The airlines submit passenger lists in advance.

He attempted to find out how long he'd been blacklisted for. His Thai wife employed a solicitor, but Immigration only responded by stating he was an undesirable having a criminal record in Thailand, which didn't actually answer the question.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DFpad said:

Hi,

I posted a topic a couple of years ago about trying to establish if I am on the blacklist which is still unresolved.

Thanks in advance

Surely if you are aware that you are or were on a blacklist, you would have been advised for how long you would remain barred

unless you did something criminal normal overstay excetera has a finite timing

3 hours ago, schweizer said:

Surely if you are aware that you are or were on a blacklist, you would have been advised for how long you would remain barred

unless you did something criminal normal overstay excetera has a finite timing

Long story (in my other thread). In short, deported for working without a work permit more than 10 years ago. In the last year I engaged two lawyers - one said I was on the blacklist and for a fee they could get me off. Other said I am not on the blacklist. Hence wondering if EVISA checks against blacklist.

If not, maybe i go to a neighbouring country and buy a cheap return ticked and see if I get a DNB when I check in (a check will be done against APS).

22 hours ago, DFpad said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Why don't you just buy a refundable flight ticket and find out ?

35 minutes ago, DFpad said:

Long story (in my other thread). In short, deported for working without a work permit more than 10 years ago. In the last year I engaged two lawyers - one said I was on the blacklist and for a fee they could get me off. Other said I am not on the blacklist. Hence wondering if EVISA checks against blacklist.

If not, maybe i go to a neighbouring country and buy a cheap return ticked and see if I get a DNB when I check in (a check will be done against APS).

Hopefully not coming back to work here again without a work permit?

Edited by bbi1

Just now, DFpad said:

In short, deported for working without a work permit more than 10 years ago.

What kind of work? Remote work from your own house? Or outright working on the streets, selling something? How did they catch you? It will be an interesting story for this forum. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

My understanding was that the issuing of a visa does not check to see if you are on a blacklist.

When you check in for an international flight, the computer system "communicates" with the destination country and a check is run. If you're on a blacklist, it will be flagged at that point and you will be denied boarding.

If there was, say, an arrest warrant in your name in Thailand, you would be allowed to board the flight and when you arrived in Thailand, there would be a welcoming party for you at the air-bridge.

As others have said here - visas are issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and (according to my missus who works for them) no checks are made by embassies and consulates before visas are issued.

One suggestions here is to buy an air ticket, then see if APIS rejects your passport, telling you to do it at the airport check in, when you try to register it and check in online, . You'd need to know which databases APIS checks to be sure of that though.

Hard to get a definitive answer on that one, unless you know someone who works in the right part of immigration.