Bkk To Koh Pha Ngan

stanny

Hi all,

I would like to go to Koh Pha Ngan for the coming full moon party. I'm on a tight budget so no planes anywhere and would like to take a bus. What's the best method/route and where can I buy the tickets in BKK?

Thank you

southern bus station ,

bus to samui

speed boat to the party .

Even better, southern bus station, 999 bus company, direct to Koh Phangan --bus goes on the car ferry and arrives in Phangan by 10:30 am.

But still not the cheapest route, far better than the Khao San road bus tho :o

The Khao San bus is easiest option. You can buy tickets at any travel agency or hotel in Khao San. Not sure about the 999 Bus company, but the government buses are not as nice and sometimes the air conditioning is broken. Additionally, they start playing very loud music videos or Thai soap operas at about 6am, it's hel_l unless you have ear plugs. If you're really worried about your valuables being stolen just keep them in a backpack or small bag with you, I would never store anything valuable in the side compartment on any bus.

The Khao San bus is easiest option. You can buy tickets at any travel agency or hotel in Khao San. Not sure about the 999 Bus company, but the government buses are not as nice and sometimes the air conditioning is broken. Additionally, they start playing very loud music videos or Thai soap operas at about 6am, it's hel_l unless you have ear plugs. If you're really worried about your valuables being stolen just keep them in a backpack or small bag with you, I would never store anything valuable in the side compartment on any bus.

999 's VIP is excellent, 3 seats across (the entire width of the bus).

People have had their stuff stolen on KSR buses inside the bus. Believe me, I have heard it all. one girl woke up to look down and see a man crawling down the aisle looking for small bags or backpacks stored under the seat.

So, up to you. Alternatively, the train 2nd class sleeper fan is nice, not too expensive either. Fly 12go has flights to Surat for 1700 baht, including tax.

Be careful mate, especially during bus/van switches. This is when most scammers strike. There are loads of good people, but it's wise not to lower your guards down.

Inquire at travel agencies or guest houses for tickets.

Enjoy.

Be careful mate, especially during bus/van switches. This is when most scammers strike. There are loads of good people, but it's wise not to lower your guards down.

Inquire at travel agencies or guest houses for tickets.

Enjoy.

travelling cheap is better to travel with a freind or someone you've met in bangkok ,this way you can look out for each others personal possesions .....

Do NOT go on buses arranged for backpackers on Khao San Road. It is NOT "the easiest option." There have been numerous reports of thefts from luggage, jam-packed, unsafe buses, scams and suicidal drivers. The public government licensed buses from Southern Bus Terminal are comfortable, cheap and relatively safe and secure.

There's one private service, though, that you should know about, which has a very good reputation: Lomprayah operates high-speed catamaran ferries and the bus transfers from Bangkok in 50-passenger A/C buses. They charge 850 baht from Bangkok to Koh Phangan, connecting via Chumpon and Koh Tao. They leave at 9 PM and arrive the next morning at 10:45, or 6AM and arrive at 4:10 PM (16:10). See http://www.lomprayah.com/

• 1 month later...

Does anyone drive bkk to samui and if so how long is the drive to the ferrry at surat thani?

have wheels now and thinki will drive to samui for xmas this year, interested to know what travel time i should expect

thx

Via Koa Tao is the best route....but for the next 3 months the Gulf can be very Rough, Monsoon and all that :o