Europe Shows United Front: €50 Billion Aid Package Agreed for Ukraine

13 hours ago, still kicking said:

Well, who started that war? Not the Ukraine 

Ukrainians BTW don't like you saying the Ukraine as it implies its old name The Ukrainian SSR which was part of the Soviet Union same goes for Kyiv not Kiev. You would be OK though in The Dontesk People's Republic ! Since as a British taxpayer paying money to potentially destabilise my country is high on your agendas  is there anything else you would like me to pay for whilst you're here perchance ?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is about the EU aid, not UK. I won't bother mentioning my tax money or my families tax money in the UK.

You just did. I don't think the British public fully realises they have just contributed another 2.5 billion with an open cheque book to come to fund not just the Ukrainian military but the whole civic administration as well such as pensions and salaries. And make no mistake we are on a trajectory to probably double our military spend in the next 10 years or maybe sooner. That's with a new generation without affordable housing,secure employment or pensions with the threat of conscription looming its ugly head whilst financially secure boomers cheer it on from their comfortable bolthole in some corrupt foreign land. But when they do there is and will be rising anger on the home front. There's barely a discerniable Ukrainian flag in the UK anymore but a whole sea of Palestinian ones. I'm no fan of Farage but when he sees the EU army coming into being he will mobilise his rag tag army of populists to resist.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 4