One Man Badly Injured In Karaoke Bar Brawl In South Pattaya

mcd

We were one of the first at the scene of a serious fight which occurred in front of a Karaoke Bar in Soi Gopia in South Pattaya. Police Lieutenant Colonel Bunjop from Pattaya Police Station was the officer in charge of investigating the case which occurred in the early hours of Saturday Morning. Arriving at the scene, he inspected a Chevrolet pick-up owned by Khun Praiwit aged 32. He had been seriously injured after his vehicle was attacked by an opposing group of men using large rocks. He was taken to Hospital where he is now recovering from a concussion.

Details of the incident were given by Khun Praiwit’s friends, one of which was arrested after she was involved in a road accident as she attempted to leave the scene of the attack. Khun Monchayar aged 30 hit six stationary motorbikes as she attempted to leave the scene. She explained that a group of friends had gone to the Karaoke Bar for a night of fun. However, a group of about 20 men objected to them singing songs and told Khun Praiwit, the injured man, to stop or there would be a problem. They complied but the gang of men decided to attack him and his friends who attempted to leave the scene. Khun Praiwit was trapped in his car as the men threw large stones into the cab of the truck. Police are now attempting to locate the gang members based on descriptions received including license plates of motorbikes used by them.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_21_07_50_4.htm

I assume this is the road I spell Soi Korpai - joining Pattaya Tai to Thepprasit.

A few pubs along there, but I cannot recall any Karaoke. But this is an area where a lot of poor Thais live - many shacks and barrack-type buildings. So the only entertainment is to go out and drink with your mates.

(Many poor farangs too - some really crappy accomodation along there, along with a couple of reasonable places)

I cannot imagine anyone from outside the area going there for an evenings social fun, so it was probably something left over from other incidents.

I assume this is the road I spell Soi Korpai - joining Pattaya Tai to Thepprasit.

Many poor farangs too - some really crappy accomodation along there, along with a couple of reasonable places

There are about five or six karaoke bars in Soi Kopai. Most of them are near South Pattaya Road.

What you said about "poor farangs and crappy accomodation" sounds like typical Pattaya. Soi Kopai is not different from other places in town.