Resort balcony collapses while tourists taking photo

NorthernRyland

Scroll through the video to see the point which it collapses taking down the entire group. Some of the older women broke some legs and had head trauma. Only a 1 story fall but still nasty.

If you get far enough in you can see where the bolts detached from the building. No way that thing was suited for more than a few people but I doubt any engineers reviewed it. Be safe out there.

3 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

In the news report, the owner said on camera he will cover all of the medical costs.

Let's hope the owner sticks to their word.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhaoNiaw said:

In the news report, the owner said on camera he will cover all of the medical costs.

Anything for pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, loss of wages, etc. etc.?

• Like 1

Thank god no fatalities.

When I had my first floor balcony installed in the UK back in 2006 to cover the length of the back of my house (upside down house, living space on 1st floor, bedrooms below), I commented to the structural engineer doing the design, what he was proposing was over kill, as there were only 3 occupants. His calculations based on the UK Regs at the time of the (4.5 x 4.5)m + (13 x 2.5)m expanse needed to accommodate up to 9.6 Tonnes, in other words 123 average UK people. The balcony was built stronger than the house!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/5/2024 at 12:19 AM, Banana7 said:

Anything for pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, loss of wages, etc. etc.?

I live in Thailand and have been involved in accidents, as the victim. In my case, the offender did pay for each and every cause stated in the above statement. For the etc. it was damage to personal property, translation costs, transportation costs and few others.