PM Inspects Suvarnabhumi Airport Without Prior Notice

snoop1130

I've been traveling in and out of Bangkok over the past 22 years and I've never really been harassed but Manila was totally different. The key to traveling to Bangkok for the first time is go to an agent in your country and get a package to your Thai destination including transport etc. The next time when you come here everything will fall into place. I didn't have a clue on my first trip and rarely went out but now Thai hustlers don't worry me as I just brush them aside the same as a politician or a movie star would. In saying that be civil at all times and Thai people will back off.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I do not know about overhauling immigration, when I come through last November, at 8.00am, like all the other times, I would say half? of the immigration booths where open.

Just having say 80%? open would help the queuing problem no end, time to get staffing sorted out. 

I have never had problems with taxi drives at the airport...................just do not use them, I always use the train service very reliable and cheap, takes you right in to the city, then I might use a taxi, or more likely, the BTS which is a good service.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

after an unannounced inspection at Suvarnabhumi Airport and the immigration office on Monday morning.

Of course he did, no one knew he was coming, he just parked his Limo in the short stay car park and strolled in, no body guards. Did they check his ID ? We all believe it. :unsure:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, it is what it is said:

never been in a taxi here with the meter not working

Then you've never been to Pattaya!  Here the police condone this contravention of the law 100% of the time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

takes you right in to a part of the city from where other transport is necessary.

takes you right in to several parts of the city where other transport is possible.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

from the linked article...

He acknowledged issues such as disjointed IT systems, instability in the backup systems, and inadequate staffing in immigration checks. He also addressed problems faced by passengers, including delays due to the large number of people entering and exiting.

Regarding the collapsing immigration check system, the Prime Minister admitted that it is a technical issue. The backup system is not efficient, and when the number of people entering increases, the system becomes sluggish. While the normal Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for processing an individual is 45 seconds, the current situation, with all stations occupied, results in more than a minute per person, causing further delays.

He anticipates that it will take approximately 12 months to resolve all these issues.

Sounds like whatever systems they are relying on are not in good shape. "Disjointed IT systems" and "Collapsing immigration check system" are not encouraging, nor is the timeframe to resolve these issues.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, it is what it is said:

you seem to be living in a parallel thai universe, or are unlucky, or have an attitiue that attracts the negative side of people. been here over 20 years and...

never been in a piss stained taxi here or anywhere else

always been treated in a professional and efficient way by IOs, sometimes even friendly

easy to ignore hawkers at the airport, compared to other countries they are not persistent or annoying

never been in a taxi here with the meter not working

or maybe thai bashing makes you feel better about yourself.

Fully agree, my experience too, and I am in LOS since 2012