30 Year Lease Rent Per Rai On Kpg

I have been on the island a couple of years. I am not prepared to invest the amount of money it would cost to buy the 3-4 rai I want to build on and am seriously considering the 30 year lease option. Anything I build will probably fall down by then anyway :o A friend is paying 10,000 baht/year for the 1/4 rai her house is on and she has no view and is a fair way off a concrete road. Anyone have any info on what is the going rate around the island?

Wouldnt that depend greatly on the view and location?

Location location location of course.

OK so how about some ball park min/max info. How much for a dark swamp with no views, no road and how much for a nice flat piece of land somewhere expensive like Haad Rin or Thong Nai Pan with views and all the facilities.

I am still very much at the research stage. I did not want to go into all the details as these forums do have a bit of a tendency to go off at tangent and I don't want to bore people but here goes; Must have possibility of good internet so somewhere in the south, probably no further north than Thongsala (I'm looking into internet possibilities elsewhere). Other than that most things are negotiable. View would be nice. low flood risk. Year round adequate access at least by bike. No standing water (i am a mozzie magnet).

Wouldnt that depend greatly on the view and location?

Location location location of course.

OK so how about some ball park min/max info. How much for a dark swamp with no views, no road and how much for a nice flat piece of land somewhere expensive like Haad Rin or Thong Nai Pan with views and all the facilities.

I am still very much at the research stage. I did not want to go into all the details as these forums do have a bit of a tendency to go off at tangent and I don't want to bore people but here goes; Must have possibility of good internet so somewhere in the south, probably no further north than Thongsala (I'm looking into internet possibilities elsewhere). Other than that most things are negotiable. View would be nice. low flood risk. Year round adequate access at least by bike. No standing water (i am a mozzie magnet).

i doubt you will get many useful answers here, the only thing to do is look at as much land as you can, talk to people and then make your decision