New frame and stamping question

red09a

I bought new frame no my honda adv, since the last one was not perfectly straight from small accident. After honda service installed it, they told me I need to take my bike to phuket (where I bought it) and register new frame. I live in Pattaya long time already and can't believe I can't do it locally here. Is there some way? 

I was reading some other post on this forum and quoting this part:

However when changing the frame simple stamping is all that is required according to the Department of Transport. Of course you cannot reuse the old frame without removing the old numbers first.

I'm not planning to use old frame anymore. But new frame dont have serial numbers and honda service provided me cutted serial number from old frame. What options do I have and can I register new frame in Pattaya?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, red09a said:

they told me I need to take my bike to phuket (where I bought it) and register new frame.

Does the bike have a Phuket number plate or a Chonburi plate ?

1 hour ago, red09a said:

since the last one was not perfectly straight from small accident.

I would have had the old one straightened or just leave it alone

now you have a bit of a headache and lighter wallet to boot 😋

I see the problem as that the bike was previously registered in Phuket but to be registered in a different province, Chonburi, it needs the frame number recorded in Chonburi.  Obviously, the new frame swap has to be recorded in the province in which the bike is currently registered. 

Or a couple of thousand baht and the testing station guys can photograph the old number or get an agent or a more friendly dealer. However the bike will still not have the new frame number registered in Chonburi.  Not a problem until it is sold.

What I don't understand is if the frame was sold and installed in Pattaya and came from Honda there will be a receipt and a paper trail.

Reason: I'm sure there is no bike theft in Thailand and dodgy bikes roaming around

Morale of the story? When moving province get the bike registered there immediately.

Edited by VocalNeal

5 hours ago, johng said:

Does the bike have a Phuket number plate or a Chonburi plate ?

Phuket plate. 

I bought bike 2 years ago and after few months I've moved to Pattaya. Thing with frame happened a week ago. I'm planning to do Laos trip on my bike and I'm guessing I need to fix issue with frame before crossing border? 

46 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

What I don't understand is if the frame was sold and installed in Pattaya and came from Honda there will be a receipt and a paper trail.

The shop who installed new frame is actually from Bangkok and they send me all documentation with old frame cutted frame number. They was really friendly but I would say not much informed since first they wanted to send me full frame, just today they told me they didn't know they can send me just cutted number. 

I've learned already from your replies that there is no way I can do it in Pattaya, I need to go to Phuket first. 

I'm guessing I would need to go there twice correct? First time and few weeks later. Just wondering if I do that should I still transfer my plates to Chon Buri or it will be not neccessary? (planning to change bike to bigger one in few months). 

I didn't say it can't be done in Pattaya just why maybe not.

The fact that the shop in Bangkok gave you to old number makes me think there is something dodgy.

See if you can find an "agent" in Pattaya. I assume the Bangkok shop gave you a receipt for the frame?

Edited by VocalNeal

9 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I didn't say it can't be done in Pattaya just why maybe not.

The fact that the shop in Bangkok gave you to old number makes me think there is something dodgy.

See if you can find an "agent" in Pattaya. I assume the Bangkok shop gave you a receipt for the frame?

they wanted to give me full frame, but I've told them about phuket and they managed to cut serial number for me and send it to me, yes I have a receipt. 
what type of agent I should look for?