16-Year-Old Girl Allegedly Raped by Pattaya Ride-Sharing Driver

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Na Jomtien police have arrested a 39-year-old Bolt driver for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl.

The suspect, Mr. Pramuan (last name withheld), 39, was arrested on Thursday, February 15th, on sexual assault charges against a child.

The arrest follows a complaint filed on February 14th by the victim, identified under the pseudonym “E,” who accused Pramuan, a driver who worked for a ride-sharing application named Bolt, of forcing her into his residence and sexually assaulting her.

According to the complaint, on February 13th at around 12:20 AM, E hailed a taxi through the Bolt app for a ride from Thepprasit Road to a dormitory in the Nongprue area.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: 77kaoded

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 7

There were always been and will always be those who will take advantage on those weaker and the vulnerable

and this is why the law (when it's actually there)  to protect affected parties and to punish the offenders... 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ezzra said:

There were always been and will always be those who will take advantage on those weaker and the vulnerable

and this is why the law (when it's actually there)  to protect affected parties and to punish the offenders... 

Nobody knows this?

7 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Let's suppose the teenage girl wants to frame the driver, what tools does the driver have to prove her innocence?

She can try but if it turned out to be a false accusation that girl will have a criminal record and will have

to pay restitution to the affected party...

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

She can try but if it turned out to be a false accusation that girl will have a criminal record and will have

to pay restitution to the affected party...

I tend to think that any girl making a false accusation needs to receive what would be double the penalty for rape or sexual assault is. Eg if he would have had 7 years, she would get 14. You really have to be a vile and evil person to try to send an innocent person to jail for something that didn't happen. Restitution my eye!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, zhounan said:
5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

But first, let's suppose you're just another misogynistic apologist.

Take it easy mate, there is no need to freely insult unknown people.

But it's ok for you to "freely insult unknown people" (the girl)?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zhounan said:
15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

But first, let's suppose you're just another misogynistic apologist.

Take it easy mate, there is no need to freely insult unknown people.

Ah, so you know who the teenage girl is?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Unacceptable behavior. But also what’s a 16year old doing after midnight out and about?

That's a rather novel and roundabout way of justifying sexual assault on a minor. How long did it take you to come up with that?

• Thanks 2

There's a literally screenshot from a security camera. If they would provide even a 2 seconds recording it would be absolutely clear if she went voluntarily or not.  So all your speculations are useless. As we don't have access to even most basic information available. All speculations.

7 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Unacceptable behavior. But also what’s a 16year old doing after midnight out and about?

Trying to get home to her 'dormitory' from what I read. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2024 at 11:55 PM, retarius said:

I tend to think that any girl making a false accusation needs to receive what would be double the penalty for rape or sexual assault is. Eg if he would have had 7 years, she would get 14. You really have to be a vile and evil person to try to send an innocent person to jail for something that didn't happen. Restitution my eye!

That’ll never happen. He simple gets let go. 

12 hours ago, Ralf001 said:
12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Trying to get home to her 'dormitory' from what I read. 

possibly had no cash to pay fare so offer a solution that was next day...................

You mean like back in my youth when it was considered cool and fair game for young lads with their own cars to offer girls a lift home from the dance, only to pull into a lay by or quiet place on the way and ask for some "solution" to be extracted with the only other option being for the girl to walk home?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/17/2024 at 8:50 AM, zhounan said:

Let's suppose the teenage girl wants to frame the driver, what tools does the driver have to prove her innocence?

Lady driver????

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You mean like back in my youth when it was considered cool and fair game for young lads with their own cars to offer girls a lift home from the dance, only to pull into a lay by or quiet place on the way and ask for some "solution" to be extracted with the only other option being for the girl to walk home?

I personally did not do that sort of thing.... too much into my drinking myself ,most of the time. Here we are talking of a young girl getting raped, and so many posters want to blame the victim.... next it will be some idiot claiming road rage or some such nonsense. 

Edited by jacko45k

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I personally did not do that sort of thing.... too much into my drinking myself ,most of the time. Here we are talking of aa young girl getting raped, and so many posters want to blame the victim.... next it will be some idiot claiming road rage or some such nonsense. 

There are members of this forum who believe that these girls all know what's going on and are accomplices in the sexual acts that take place... 

• Confused 1