The Full Monty Bar

Tornado

I'd be glad to know too. The original leaseholder, who sub-let the bar to three English men, is a farang himself. I'm told it was a dispute about the key-money (going through the roof), and the subsequent refusal to pay which led to the place being smashed up and the sub-lessees being thrown out. There is a small sign on the door (in Thai) saying "To let".

Welcome to doing business in Thailand. Matbe this should be moved to the Business in Thailand thread for all those people dreaming of "owning" a business here.

Tornado.. You know as much as anyone else :o methinks your just stirring the pot :D

Yes we talked about it the other night, but I forget the whole night, so that is why I posted it :D Your fault too by the way.

Patong Bob, I am unaware that there is "3 lease holders" as I am pretty sure "the man" who took the lease out paid the 3 mil key money straight to the owners?

I know the owner has a silent partner, but not sure where you get three from? - I am not positive though. It has also been reported that the owner of most of the bars in the area is about to take this one over as well?!

The owner is now in Bangkok getting legal advice and staying out of harms way.

He has two kids, married and all of his money is in that bar.... It is a shame.

It reminds of the Shark Disco saga - the owner got to big for his boots and was shut down with false accusations from the "mafia" and "others"...... he lost about 30 mil.

Patong is a sh!t hole, full of crims from every country

I have heard exactly the same as you, although I didn't know the owner (sub-lessee) was in Bangkok. There were originally three.

Just another bar changing hands in Patong.

I suppose in financial circles it would be regarded as a "hostile takeover".

The spirit of the laws of cricket are, unfortunately, unheard of in Patong.

I have heard exactly the same as you, although I didn't know the owner (sub-lessee) was in Bangkok. There were originally three.

Just another bar changing hands in Patong.

I suppose in financial circles it would be regarded as a "hostile takeover".

The spirit of the laws of cricket are, unfortunately, unheard of in Patong.

such as bodyline ?

DOC,why not start a new topic on the forum .BUSINESS IN THAILAND

Whe can called FUNERALS IN THAILAND

A least whe give all this suckers a warning ( this is not anti thai ) THIS IS REALITY

People get sometimes good advice on visa rules ,why not on ( BUSINESS ??? )

Sometime whe make joke's about farangs who bite the dust

BUT THIS IS ONGLY VERRY SAD

Saw Dave on a celebratory bar crawl.. He was not in the mood for a blow by blow description but he did say that it is now all cleared up and locked down tight.. He feels sure he has control of it back.

Fair play to him.