Two Phuket van drivers charged with fighting at Rassada Pier

snoop1130

rassada-pier-walking-to-ferry.jpg

With lots of tourists at this time, comes the battle for the taxi and van fares. In the latest fracas, Phuket Police have charged two passenger van drivers, following an altercation at Rassada Pier on Sunday, February 18.

The fight was filmed and shared on social media, prompting outrage at the ongoing aggressive behaviour of the island’s public transport drivers. Yesterday four taxi drivers were charged over their attack on a Grab taxi driver.

One of the van drivers, named as 35 year old Ritthidet “Tin” Kingkaew from Phang Nga, submitted a formal complaint to Charat Lemphan of Phuket City Police Station. Ritthidet says he arrived at the pier to pick up a passenger who had booked him through the Grab ride-hailing app.

By Peter Roche

Caption: Phuket, Thailand - December 8 2017: Rassada Harbor, pier gate 3 less crowded for boarding to Phi Phi island. Phuket popular tourist location of Thailand for honeymoon and vacation

Full story: Phuket GO 2024-02-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 3

Sounds like the Grab driver was in the wrong, for parking where he did, but punching someone for wrongful parking?  why does it all have to turn violent? where does it all stem from? Home life, at the schools.?

Edited by brianthainess

What is it with the violent attitude here, slight of subject, but: I had to wait 2 hrs. in my car, on a very hot day, I was waiting for a car to be delivered, so over near what I thought was an open restaurant was a huge tree, I thought OK i'll park under that tree and eat there, no other vehicles there at all, out comes this woman shouting at me, "Not Park Here Big bus come'' so I moved to a place with a lot less shade, 2hrs later the car delivered (for Mrs. B) No Big Bus had come, we then had to drive past it to join the queue for the Ferry, as I did so, wrongfully of me maybe, I shouted "Where is the Big Bus then?!" sitting in the queue up comes this big guy screaming and shouting at my wife in her car, then at me. The 'restaurant' is where the woman sells tickets for the ferry and buses, another Mafi run business IMO.

Just to say this was NOT Centre Point ferry for KC, but "the Other one" Whew I feel better now after that rant. :coffee1: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Sounds like the Grab driver was in the wrong, for parking where he did, but punching someone for wrongful parking?  why does it all have to turn violent? where does it all stem from? Home life, at the schools.?

It stems from Thainess. Mostly, those who resort to violence do so as they are too stupid to react to a situation in any other way. That also applies worldwide, though.

• Haha 1