Trump calls on Alabama to protect IVF treatment after court ruling

Social Media

image.png

In a significant departure from his usual political discourse, Donald Trump has weighed in on a contentious issue, expressing his support for IVF treatment availability in the wake of a controversial Alabama court ruling. The ruling, issued by the state's highest court, granted frozen embryos the same legal rights as children, prompting concerns and disruptions in fertility treatment services across the state.

Trump's intervention underscores a broader trend among Republicans, with an increasing number seeking to distance themselves from the implications of the Alabama ruling. The decision has led to a pause in IVF treatment at several clinics, sparking alarm among fertility patients and providers alike.

Trump's stance, articulated on his Truth Social platform, aligns with a growing sentiment within the Republican Party that supports access to IVF and fertility treatments. His vocal support comes amid fears within the party that the ruling could have electoral repercussions, particularly among suburban women and swing voters.

The National Republican Senate Committee has also moved swiftly to address concerns raised by the ruling, directing candidates to express support for IVF and campaign on increasing access to fertility treatments. Internal polling conducted by Kellyanne Conway reportedly underscores the widespread popularity of access to IVF treatment among voters.

The Alabama ruling has not only prompted a reevaluation of reproductive rights but has also emerged as a key issue in the upcoming election cycle. Democrats have seized upon the ruling to highlight what they perceive as a broader threat to women's rights if Republicans prevail in the November election.

President Joe Biden, in a social media post, linked the Alabama decision to the 2022 ruling by the US Supreme Court, which curtailed abortion rights. The convergence of these legal developments has galvanized Democratic efforts to mobilize their base and frame reproductive rights as a central issue in the political landscape.

As the fallout from the Alabama ruling continues to reverberate, it underscores the complex intersection of law, politics, and healthcare, with implications that extend far beyond the state's borders.

Source

image.png

• Like 1

He’s trying desperately to wiggle out of setting the women’s rights back 50 years lol 😂 like they are gonna forget heck my old lady can dredge up minor transgressions from 30 years ago lol 😂 haaa love to see trump squirm 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/24/2024 at 6:57 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Yes... joe and the liberal left are all for murdering the unborn.

Apparently, most Republicans are too.

Republicans start to back off controversial Alabama IVF ruling

Washington (AFP) – A wave of Republicans led by Donald Trump vowed Friday to protect in vitro fertilization in the wake of an Alabama court ruling that said frozen embryos should be considered children, in what could become a galvanizing issue in the 2024 election.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20240223-republicans-start-to-back-off-controversial-alabama-ivf-ruling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So how about the Life on conception act from the Republicans? No IVF exception there.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/431?s=1&r=67#:~:text=Introduced in House (01%2F20%2F2023)&text=This bill declares that the,an individual comes into being.

"Introduced in House (01/20/2023) This bill declares that the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human being at all stages of life, including the moment of fertilization, cloning, or other moment at which an individual comes into being."

The price of IVF just went sky high, if clinics will even continue to offer.   Anyone changes their mind, and they're stuck with an embryo ... forever.

That ruling really makes you 'pause for thought'.   I believe life begins at conception, as if undisturbed/aborted, it will be become wee one.   I just glad I'm not a woman.

I'm against abortion ... but ... I'm also in the 'my body, my choice' crowd, so have no right to tell a woman what to do.

Instead of banning all abortion, w/exceptions, anyone past a certain time period, must watch a vid of an abortion, in the months that they are, if wanting one.  At a very early point, it looks like a newborn, just smaller.  Most gals don't even realize they're pregnant till into the 2nd month, and looking like a baby already.

image.png.a7105ade055fb9e5a25b02efae9a6e8b.png