How to buy Kindle Oasis 32GB in thailand?

I bought my Kindle Paperwhite, 11th gen from a Lazada seller that sells units from Kindle Japan.  Be aware there are zero Kindle repair centers, even independent ones in Thailand and you can not mail them out because of the built-in battery.  

Why bother? I have a Kindle I hardly ever use.

Nowadays, I read books on my OPPO A73 smartphone instead. Amazon gives the option of downloading books to android devices

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I've bought all my Kindles from Amazon USA and they have always been cheaper and come with Amazon warranty.  Not sure about the 32 GB model though.  

International Version – Kindle Oasis – Now with adjustable warm light - 8 GB, Graphite

100+ bought in past month
Delivery Wed, Mar 13 to Thailand

Order Summary

Subtotal (1 item): $269.99
Shipping & handling: $10.44

Total before tax: $280.43
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit: $27.16

Order total: $307.59

Edited by ricklev

I bought a Amazon Fire tablet for less than a Kindle, on sale for $129.00 in Canada

10" screen, color, acts like a android tablet and a book reader.

Very happy with it.

Why buy Kindle Oasis? It's already old and it has Micro USB port.

Also, 32Gb is too much.

Buy the last Paperwhite, 2021, on Lazada from Bangkok shop.

For a new or second-hand device, I'd recommend checking local online marketplaces like Lazada or Shopee, as sellers often list imported electronics at competitive prices. Facebook Marketplace and local expat groups can also be goldmines for second-hand deals, as expatriates might sell their devices when moving. Just make sure to verify the condition and authenticity before purchasing. Good luck with your search!

I have Kindle app on my Acer pc and Samsung Tablet. Order books through Amazon web site through Kundle Unlimited m9nthly subscription and download to Acer and Samsung devices to read. When you switch between your devices, Kindle will ask if you want to update reading place. 

I bought an Oasis 32Gb from a Thai  distributor  through Lazada in December.  Delivery was prompt, it was new and well packaged. It has book ads but they are not that annoying. One swipe  clears them away. The seller was TMT Innovation. The cost was B7990.00 plus B38 delivery. There were others   being offered by this and other sellers. This one suited my needs.  A word about the Oasis.  I like it for the light weight, the screen size and ease of holding in my hand and the buttons, but the battery is smaller than the paperwhite I  had before.  I read for several hours a day and recharge the Oasis every night. Good luck.

Edited by writeshack
Corrected the seller's name.
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 12:49 AM, kwonitoy said:

bought a Amazon Fire tablet for less than a Kindle, on sale for $129.00 in Canada

10" screen, color, acts like a android tablet and a book reader.

Very happy with it.

Had one, terrible terrible battery life, I read a lot and had to charge it every day, sometimes it would die right in the middle of reading and I would have to read with the charging cable on cable 

I got the kindle scribe , also 10" screen , aside of all the other options, and no glare, Phenomenal  Battery  life.

As I said I read a few hours every day,It is always on, 24/7, and the battery lasts more than a week.

ohh and it fully charges in a couple of hours. 

I had issues with sleeping and It was suggested that it might be the glare from the tablet. 

By sleeping has improved since I gave up reading on the tablet, but I also did many other things and it is possible that my sleeping improved do to the other things I did. 

Anyway the fire tablet was not bad, other than the battery life and the glare. 

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

Had one, terrible terrible battery life, I read a lot and had to charge it every day, sometimes it would die right in the middle of reading and I would have to read with the charging cable on cable 

I got the kindle scribe , also 10" screen , aside of all the other options, and no glare, Phenomenal  Battery  life.

As I said I read a few hours every day,It is always on, 24/7, and the battery lasts more than a week.

ohh and it fully charges in a couple of hours. 

I had issues with sleeping and It was suggested that it might be the glare from the tablet. 

By sleeping has improved since I gave up reading on the tablet, but I also did many other things and it is possible that my sleeping improved do to the other things I did. 

Anyway the fire tablet was not bad, other than the battery life and the glare. 

I don't turn mine off, just let the auto off function do it's thing and I get 4 or 5 days before charging, read about 1-2 hours per night

I've had Kindles and much prefer the amazon tablet

YMMV

7 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

I don't turn mine off, just let the auto off function do it's thing and I get 4 or 5 days before charging, read about 1-2 hours per night

I've had Kindles and much prefer the amazon tablet

YMMV

I did not make my first post to be critical, simply to provide additional Information to consider for those reading this and making a decision which to buy. As I said I also bought it .

I think you would find that the fire tablet battery degrades after a year or so, It did mine. I still have it 

I did not like the older kindles because of the size also , which was part of the reason why  also went with the fire tablet, for the money it was a good option. 

On 3/1/2024 at 9:21 AM, Lacessit said:

Why bother? I have a Kindle I hardly ever use.

Nowadays, I read books on my OPPO A73 smartphone instead. Amazon gives the option of downloading books to android devices

You can read in direct sunlight.
Superior battery life

Larger display than a crappy smartphone

Why not offer your Kindle to the OP?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1