Beach umbrella operator sparks outrage on Jomtien Beach

snoop1130

5 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

The umbrella operators are like the beach mafia which are in cahoots with the jet ski mafia and they all claim to have connections with the local police.....

Yes, they can be. I had words with one myself years ago, who apparently owned Beach rd. 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

With desperation in their eyes, the furry bandits eagerly awaited sustenance from unsuspecting tourists, with some even resorting to car-climbing antics

Well said .

I did not suspect that they went that far ...

There should be a law that prohibits them from doing so . Just a fine won't work .

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In a bid to tackle such misconduct, progressive disciplinary measures were outlined. Initial violations would result in a 15-day suspension, with subsequent offences escalating to a 30-day suspension.

Monkey business .

Edited by nobodysfriend

8 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

The umbrella operators are like the beach mafia which are in cahoots with the jet ski mafia and they all claim to have connections with the local police.....

Probably correct

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Olmate said:

Bang Saray beach have touts roadside directing into their allocated parking spots for the various eateries etc.Seems to work just fine! 

And what happens if you don't use their eateries?

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

And what happens if you don't use their eateries?

You don,t park outside them, you park where there are no eateries, pretty darn logical really.! 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Can I have a prize please? 😮

I'd like a new pencil case for school or a rear light for my bicycle. 

A rear light??? Have you got eyes in the back of your head?................completely un necessary, look at 95% of mocy jockeys! They are not good at Sayptee Firt!

Edited by 2baht
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It's happened to me a number of times over the years. I just move on and park the car somewhere else. They can't stop you parking on Beach Road, of course, but then you'll probably find that a monkey has dropped a coconut on your windscreen when you get back. It's easier to just go with the flow and move on.

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Olmate said:

You don,t park outside them, you park where there are no eateries, pretty darn logical really.! 

But it supposed to be public parking!, not for the soul use of beach vendors!, they don't pay for the road!

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

But it supposed to be public parking!, not for the soul use of beach vendors!, they don't pay for the road!

Eek, we all know that, my  first comment was that it works fine at BangSaray.!  Do you just want to bitch Brian? 

39 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Eek, we all know that, my  first comment was that it works fine at BangSaray.!  Do you just want to bitch Brian? 

You seem to be the one bitching not me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

You seem to be the one bitching not me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compression not a biggie for you! I said it works fine.. You jumped in with your "but they dont own the road". Who,s the bitcher? Get off your desktop, go visit, I dont mind at all.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I thought it was a inherent right for Thais to park anywhere any time even on the right of way... especially if they were seeking nourishment.

They must leave the four flashers on if double parked.

Many of motorcycle rental places block public parking spots with various space savers like orange cones, reserving space for bike returns like this guy. Also lots of rental bikes just permanently occupy public parking spaces.

IMG_4847.JPG

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

It's happened to me a number of times over the years. I just move on and park the car somewhere else. They can't stop you parking on Beach Road, of course, but then you'll probably find that a monkey has dropped a coconut on your windscreen when you get back. It's easier to just go with the flow and move on.

So true, they will damage your vehicle.